Toronto Weird Boys

@Mather @juiceless @BjorgenFjorgen

Hey guys. I'll be at my in-laws in the Hamilton area in a week and a half. I'm thinking of taking the train into Toronto to spend a day with the little one and the wife. That means I'll try to escape for an hour or two to hit record stores.

I was looking at the map and it looks like Kops and Sonic Boom are within relative walking distance from the train station. I was thinking of hitting those. Anything else in the vicinity worth checking out?

Hey guys. I'll be at my in-laws in the Hamilton area in a week and a half. I'm thinking of taking the train into Toronto to spend a day with the little one and the wife. That means I'll try to escape for an hour or two to hit record stores.

I was looking at the map and it looks like Kops and Sonic Boom are within relative walking distance from the train station. I was thinking of hitting those. Anything else in the vicinity worth checking out?
If you want to check out some crazy old school Jazz you can walk to Cosmos and Cosmos West. They're both about a 15 minute walk from Sonic. I think that's about it for walking distance...

If you've only got an hour or two, I'd say you could fill that all at Kops and Sonic easily.

Hey Weird Boys friends! Any of you guys ever done any record shopping in Niagara Falls or London? Going to both as part of eleven days of vacation. Definitely looks like there's a few interesting stores in London. Any recommendations?

Hey Weird Boys friends! Any of you guys ever done any record shopping in Niagara Falls or London? Going to both as part of eleven days of vacation. Definitely looks like there's a few interesting stores in London. Any recommendations?

Niagara had an SRC vinyl store last time I was there that was actually pretty cool! Don't know if it's still there though

Yup I was, 19 rows back. Wasn't super impressed with the sound on Kamasi but Herbie was awesome.
Yeah, I couldn't hear Miles or Ryan AT ALL. I'm a sucker for the dual drummers, though. How about that guitar/vocal intro to that one Herbie song. HOLY SHIT!

Yeah, I couldn't hear Miles or Ryan AT ALL. I'm a sucker for the dual drummers, though. How about that guitar/vocal intro to that one Herbie song. HOLY SHIT!
Yeah I'm gunna have to look up that guitarist. He was absolutely insane. He honestly made the show for me.

Yeah I'm gunna have to look up that guitarist. He was absolutely insane. He honestly made the show for me.
I was on a side balcony and I couldn't keep my eyes off Vinnie Colaiuta, his drumming was fucking nuts and he was making all kinds of awesome drummer faces.

Back