Toronto Weird Boys

What’s up, weird boys
Not a whole hell of a lot, what is up with you "He Who Is Lacking of Juice"?
well fuck, what isn’t up? It’s goddamn summer out, apparently.

Got some shows coming up. Fucked Up + The Halluci-nation (formerly tribe called red?), le Tigre, Decendents/circle jerks. All the History, which I haven’t been to yet.

Anyone been to a RSD at Rotate?
Like, what's the process? Is there usually a lineup or can I breeze right on in when they open?

I usually avoid them and pick up any scraps, but that Tricky drop is too good to ignore. Probably pick up Sigur Ros too as I missed picking it up before it went out of stock.

Anyone been to a RSD at Rotate?
Like, what's the process? Is there usually a lineup or can I breeze right on in when they open?

I usually avoid them and pick up any scraps, but that Tricky drop is too good to ignore. Probably pick up Sigur Ros too as I missed picking it up before it went out of stock.
I hit Rotate a couple of years pre-COVID. They do a lineup up Ossington. Their display racks are all RSD releases and you just snake your way through to the back and around to the front counter. Not great for browsing but great if you know what you want.

I hit Rotate a couple of years pre-COVID. They do a lineup up Ossington. Their display racks are all RSD releases and you just snake your way through to the back and around to the front counter. Not great for browsing but great if you know what you want.
Was the lineup massive or did it move fairly quickly? I know exactly what I want so no browsing necessary. Just trying to plan whether I should be there for 11 when they open, or like an hour or more early.

I feel like the Sigur Ros will be around, but the Tricky I'm worried about missing out on.

I came from out of town both times and probably got there about 11. I can't remember exactly but I want to say that I was done by about 12or 12:15. I think the line was up 2 or 3 stores, not to the corner with College (or is it Dundas). I don't think I actually stood still, I think the moment I joined it I was pretty much constantly shuffling along.

I came from out of town both times and probably got there about 11. I can't remember exactly but I want to say that I was done by about 12or 12:15. I think the line was up 2 or 3 stores, not to the corner with College (or is it Dundas). I don't think I actually stood still, I think the moment I joined it I was pretty much constantly shuffling along.
Yeah, it would be Dundas.

I think I'm going to aim to be there for 10:45 (for 11 opening) and hope for the best.

Welp, decided to avoid standing out in the rain and went to Rotate around 3pm on Saturday.

Good thing too as it appears they had neither Sigur Ros nor Tricky. Discogs to the rescue though and managed to snag both for maybe a couple more bucks than I'd pay in store.

Oh, and if anybody's looking for a copy of Yeah Yeah Yeah's "Fever to Tell", take a gander over at Sonic Boom's site, looks like they got restocked yesterday.

Anyone interested in some record shopping/lunch/afternoon beer on Saturday?

My plan is to hit Rotate This a little after 11 for a bit. Grab some lunch along Dundas and then hit Sonic Boom and/or Kops on Queen on my way back to Union.

Anyone interested in some record shopping/lunch/afternoon beer on Saturday?

My plan is to hit Rotate This a little after 11 for a bit. Grab some lunch along Dundas and then hit Sonic Boom and/or Kops on Queen on my way back to Union.
Unfortunately I am working, or else I would join.

Hey weirdos, what are your favourite stores to trade records into? Trying to do some pruning of my collection. Is it worth it to get on Discogs given Canadian shipping prices? Facebook?

Hey weirdos, what are your favourite stores to trade records into? Trying to do some pruning of my collection. Is it worth it to get on Discogs given Canadian shipping prices? Facebook?
I've only really sold at Sonic Boom once. Their process seemed to be to grade the vinyl, look it up on discogs and knock a bit off what they're usually selling it for.

Not sure if it's the best pricing, but I honestly didn't feel ripped off for what I sold them.
For buying at least, I've had the most success with their used shit, whereas Kops is pretty much the wild west for grading. Maybe if they're like VG then take it to Kops and they'll give you NM pricing! :ROFLMAO:

As for discogs. I have had some decent success selling on discogs, but with the caveat that I've only sold what I KNOW will sell. My problem with this, is that you have to really figure out what your shipping costs are going to be, or else you're going potentially going to get screwed (I once misquoted shipping by like $10 which of course ate into my bottom line), and then you have to find a mailer, which is great if you have a few laying around, otherwise they're a bit tricky (if anyone has a great source of them aside from Amazon - which was something like $100+ in bulk - let me know).

Yeah Sonic used to give a bit more. I've heard that Rotate This is pretty good for paying decent value but I've never taken anything there myself.

Back