Toronto Weird Boys

Ah, I might actually be in the market soon, but I'm leaning toward the Wharfedale Lintons. Are you going to try Canuck Audio Mart? That's probably the best way to do a local sale.
I will not in any way attempt to convince you, all I will say is these would cost less than half what the Lintons do, and they're very good speakers. But they're obviously two very different speakers both in terms of style and sound. I'll leave it at that. ;)

I will not in any way attempt to convince you, all I will say is these would cost less than half what the Lintons do, and they're very good speakers. But they're obviously two very different speakers both in terms of style and sound. I'll leave it at that. ;)
Oh, I'm sure! I'm still a ways away but have started to think of upgrades, and since I bought a vintage receiver a few years ago, I've managed to sell my girlfriend on the wooden look, so it may be those speakers and eventually a vintage table, heh. For, eventually, my wood-panelled basement.

Oh, I'm sure! I'm still a ways away but have started to think of upgrades, and since I bought a vintage receiver a few years ago, I've managed to sell my girlfriend on the wooden look, so it may be those speakers and eventually a vintage table, heh. For, eventually, my wood-panelled basement.
That totally makes sense. Those Lintons would look killer next to a nice vintage amp!

I am pretty sure I mentioned it before, but Dead Dog Records in TO is a pretty decent shop for releases, at least for those of us who are not able to get to the big smoke. Free shipping over $100. A big plus is that they do not use ChitChats (at least in ON) because those guys add at least a week to the shipping time. I ordered on Tuesday night and the records arrived today.

I am pretty sure I mentioned it before, but Dead Dog Records in TO is a pretty decent shop for releases, at least for those of us who are not able to get to the big smoke. Free shipping over $100. A big plus is that they do not use ChitChats (at least in ON) because those guys add at least a week to the shipping time. I ordered on Tuesday night and the records arrived today.
They're really friendly folks in store, too. Not a huge shop but I like shopping there. What's ChitChats?

Chitchat is a shipping intermediary. I think a lot of small retailers used them when trying to get their online stores up and running. They easily add an extra week to the shipping process.
Yup, it's fun watching them go too.

Picked up in Toronto.
Heads East to Pickering.
From Pickering heads West past Toronto to Kitchener.
Dropped off at Canada Post for delivery in Kitchener.

That album that would've taken 2 days to deliver now takes a week. THANKS CHITCHATS!

Nice. What I do not get about this one though is their "Sale price". It seems as though you're getting a bargain (looking at Taylor Swift and Adele), but those prices seem to be the standard low end of the pricing spectrum. It's a minor nitpick but it's kind of misleading. That said, their prices are good...I consider my local (Encore Records) super competitive price-wise and this is about the same and when it's higher it's only by a dollar for the most part.

I also find high road in Sudbury (High Road Records) pretty competitive with free shipping. They don't update nearly as much though.

Yup, it's fun watching them go too.

Picked up in Toronto.
Heads East to Pickering.
From Pickering heads West past Toronto to Kitchener.
Dropped off at Canada Post for delivery in Kitchener.

That album that would've taken 2 days to deliver now takes a week. THANKS CHITCHATS!
Unless you are East of the GTA, then it goes to Burlington first and then starts its tour of the various 400 highways.
Nice. What I do not get about this one though is their "Sale price". It seems as though you're getting a bargain (looking at Taylor Swift and Adele), but those prices seem to be the standard low end of the pricing spectrum. It's a minor nitpick but it's kind of misleading. That said, their prices are good...I consider my local (Encore Records) super competitive price-wise and this is about the same and when it's higher it's only by a dollar for the most part.

I also find high road in Sudbury (High Road Records) pretty competitive with free shipping. They don't update nearly as much though.
Echo - Porcupine which seemed to be OOS everywhere else so I was worried I would miss it. Leonard Cohen - You Want it Darker. Both were $28.99, pretty much average price or a buck cheaper.

Also grabbed a couple of Lanegan albums on sale. One was 23 (reg 32) and the other was 25 (reg 36). Anything that lets me not buy from Sonic Boom makes me happy. I usually flip between Dead Dog and Kops for online shopping of new titles. I just wish Rotate this would get a functioning web shopping page.

Sadly, It doesn't look like Encore does free shipping over $100 but their prices look good so might be worth doing an order with them next time.

Unless you are East of the GTA, then it goes to Burlington first and then starts its tour of the various 400 highways.

Sadly, It doesn't look like Encore does free shipping over $100 but their prices look good so might be worth doing an order with them next time.
Yeah, thought so. Sad because they're a great shop. Really good selection and cheap prices.

@jamieanderson1968 yoooo thanks for the Dead Dog suggestion. Was able to find the indie exclusive Colter Wall album that was sold out everywhere else.

And officially now I'm a country music fan...like a lot of things your tastes change in your 40s.
Just got Colter Wall today and entered it on discogs.

What the everloving fuck is wrong with people?

Yeah but no one has actually PAID that for a copy. That price will drop.
Maybe not 135+, but it's a 3000 limited pressing and I don't know if they're going to do another run anytime, so someone is going to pay stupid prices at some point.

It's mostly people seeing a few standard indicators of an easy flip and making an assumption (limited distribution route, limited edition, decent fanbase). I imagine that'll settle. Like several have now sold between 45-70 which is still silly, but the market settling there makes more sense. It's basically like a non-RSD, RSD release.

With that said, there's easier and more efficient ways to make 40 bucks really...

Back