Toronto Weird Boys

Anyone looking for a copy of Achtung Baby 30th, encore seems to be the only place currently with stock...it's currently listed as in stock but if it's out again keep checking and it may come back soon. They're weird with stock on their website.

Last edited:
It's taking all of my power not to order this one too as nostalgic me needs some Bro Hymn.

Going to be a great five to ten years of 30th anniversary editions, as that was the height of my musical "with it-ness".

It's taking all of my power not to order this one too as nostalgic me needs some Bro Hymn.

Going to be a great five to ten years of 30th anniversary editions, as that was the height of my musical "with it-ness".
Need to dust that CD off when I get home and relive some memories of Warped Tour 1996! Pennywise, NOFX, Deftones, Fishbone, Goldfinger, Rocket from the Crypt...

Need to dust that CD off when I get home and relive some memories of Warped Tour 1996! Pennywise, NOFX, Deftones, Fishbone, Goldfinger, Rocket from the Crypt...
Man, that's a great lineup. Love how Darren from Goldfinger is permanently ingrained in the Toronto music scene.

Hey Weird Boys. Anyone else have records from the US languishing in the Missisauga CP Hub? I've got two shipments that have been there for over a week. ("Processed", but then no movement). I assume they have employee shortages due to Covid the same as everywhere else? Either that or they are all stuck in NightMATHER's Murder dungeon after celebrating the new Weeknd album last weekend.

I
Hey Weird Boys. Anyone else have records from the US languishing in the Missisauga CP Hub? I've got two shipments that have been there for over a week. ("Processed", but then no movement). I assume they have employee shortages due to Covid the same as everywhere else? Either that or they are all stuck in NightMATHER's Murder dungeon after celebrating the new Weeknd album last weekend.

I've had abnormal snags there and in Richmond, of late (how something can take 5 days to get from Richmond to Victoria is beyond me!), I just figure it's par for the course and try to take it in stride while remaining internally impatient!

Right now, apparently upwards of 25% of Canada Post staff are either sick or quarantined. It is what it is. They are not stuck, they just don't have the staff capacity to drive the trucks to individual community postal stations. And coming from the West Coast is even worse, the damage there due to rain and mudslides caving in roads disrupted shipping chains massively, and although not directly impacted, Burnaby has been massively backed up. Another major problem is that customs officers are going down with Covid. Then factor in that canada Post suspended delivery last Monday due to the near-blizzard, and it is a total, but understandable, mess. Everything arrives eventually, but there is no reason to expect pre-2020 delivery standards in the near term.

I know this place doesn't get much traffic, but if anyone's looking for Broken Social Scene S/T which is currently going on discogs for MINIMUM $75 and apparently out of print then hurry up and snag this.

I have been eyeing a copy at the Beat Goes On near me for $80, I saw this and never hit a purchase button faster.

So, after 4 years in the hell that is Kitchener we're moving back to Toronto (seriously, if you don't have kids the suburbs is a terrible choice). Going to miss my local though, which was really decent and some of the best prices around. What are the gems for record shops? Thanks to you guys I have:

Kops
Dead Dog

and then the usuals
Rotate
Sonic Boom

Any other place I should start frequenting?

So, after 4 years in the hell that is Kitchener we're moving back to Toronto (seriously, if you don't have kids the suburbs is a terrible choice). Going to miss my local though, which was really decent and some of the best prices around. What are the gems for record shops? Thanks to you guys I have:

Kops
Dead Dog

and then the usuals
Rotate
Sonic Boom

Check out Pop Music - I find they generally have the best prices for new records.

YO!

Any weird boys (or girls) interested in a free ticket to Fucked Up tomorrow (Thursday July 7)? I'm going and have an extra ticket.

Alternatively, if anyone wants 2 free tickets to tonights Fucked Up show (Wednesday July 6), let me know and they're yours. I can't go!

YO!

Any weird boys (or girls) interested in a free ticket to Fucked Up tomorrow (Thursday July 7)? I'm going and have an extra ticket.

Alternatively, if anyone wants 2 free tickets to tonights Fucked Up show (Wednesday July 6), let me know and they're yours. I can't go!
I'm already going tomorrow (and also have a spare ticket) so I might see you there, but someone should jump on these if they can make it!

YO!

I can't go but thanks for the offer!

Kops
Dead Dog

and then the usuals
Rotate
Sonic Boom

So my initial thoughts after the first month:

Sonic Boom is still Sonic Boom. Shitty prices but incredible selection.
Kops' website is absolute dogshit but the store itself is...pretty good!

I have no fucking clue what Cosmos is supposed to be. Lots of cool Hip Hop singles, first pressings but man are you going to pay for them*.

Planning on heading up to Dead Dog at some point soon, and maybe Pop Music if I ever feel like venturing to the East end.

* Had to talk myself out of spending $90 on a first sealed pressing of The W.

So my initial thoughts after the first month:

Sonic Boom is still Sonic Boom. Shitty prices but incredible selection.
Kops' website is absolute dogshit but the store itself is...pretty good!

I have no fucking clue what Cosmos is supposed to be. Lots of cool Hip Hop singles, first pressings but man are you going to pay for them.

Planning on heading up to Dead Dog at some point soon, and maybe Pop Music if I ever feel like venturing to the East end.
I find Kops has decent prices for new items. Plus the prices are the same in store as they are online (if you can find them).

I used to have good luck with Cosmos (the one right on Queen) for 80s and 90s stuff but you had to dig. I have not been in since 2019.

I find Kops has decent prices for new items. Plus the prices are the same in store as they are online (if you can find them).

I used to have good luck with Cosmos (the one right on Queen) for 80s and 90s stuff but you had to dig. I have not been in since 2019.
Yeah, Kops pricing is pretty good. The store is a little weirdly laid out and I find the Canadian section wholly unnecessary.
I haven't really dug outside the hip hop section of cosmos, but it was a little weird to me. Nothing that made me want to explore in its entirety.

Back