Tool

How much does it cost to join?
It’s like $50/year. You get some merch when you first sign up, so it’s not a total loss, but certainly not $50 worth of stuff. Apparently years ago this was THE way to get tickets and exclusive merch, but for several years it’s become nothing more than an overpriced merch package.
I figured the cost was low enough to try it once they confirmed the album was coming out in 2019.

It’s like $50/year. You get some merch when you first sign up, so it’s not a total loss, but certainly not $50 worth of stuff. Apparently years ago this was THE way to get tickets and exclusive merch, but for several years it’s become nothing more than an overpriced merch package.
I figured the cost was low enough to try it once they confirmed the album was coming out in 2019.

Was the shirt cool?

Was the shirt cool?
It's pretty basic, and it's the tool army logo, not any specific tool logos. Nothing bad, nothing wonderful. It's fine. Shipping is pretty slow too. I really only did this under the gamble that it provides access to a vinyl box set/release and/or concert ticket presale access. I knew it was a long shot going in.

Always been curious about Tool but not enough to dig around to find their music without blind buying. I look forward to actually streaming their stuff to check it out.
Although were down to final hours of the streaming drought, all of their albums have readily accessible on YouTube for years. Unfortunately that's all bootleg style and the band has been missing out on that revenue for over a decade.

It's pretty basic, and it's the tool army logo, not any specific tool logos. Nothing bad, nothing wonderful. It's fine. Shipping is pretty slow too. I really only did this under the gamble that it provides access to a vinyl box set/release and/or concert ticket presale access. I knew it was a long shot going in.
What did the patch look like? Building a jacket right now and that piqued my interest.

Although were down to final hours of the streaming drought, all of their albums have readily accessible on YouTube for years. Unfortunately that's all bootleg style and the band has been missing out on that revenue for over a decade.
Yeah, very shortsighted of them. I use streaming to check stuff out and if I like enough I usually buy the record.

What did the patch look like? Building a jacket right now and that piqued my interest.
Yeah, very shortsighted of them. I use streaming to check stuff out and if I like enough I usually buy the record.

Yeah...I'm glad their music is finally up for streaming - I had to add their catalog to my phone so I could listen to it all at work....now I can delete them.

I think it's more complicated than short sighted. I'm not super into the know, but from what I've read I think it was a lot more of a contract thing.

From what I recall reading over the years, they basically signed an old school 5 album deal before streaming was ever a thing. It just wasn't in contracts normally at that time yet. Meaning that once streaming came around, if the band allowed it the label would see most, possibly all streaming revenue. I know part of the album delay was a long legal dispute with the label. Hopefully it's something they are getting fairly paid for now. Excited to see it finally happening either way.

It’s finally a reality!

It currently says zero monthly listeners. I can’t wait to see how high that number jumps on it’s first update. I actually hope they release some numbers about the revenue from streaming. Day 1, week 1, month 1 would be cool. Maybe it would motivate ol’ Garth to make the change as well.

There's been some discussion about these being upgraded digital masters being put out at 24 bit, 96kHz. Anyone have any ideas. The spotify streams sound great compared to whatever rips off youtube. Maybe more compression?

There's been some discussion about these being upgraded digital masters being put out at 24 bit, 96kHz. Anyone have any ideas. The spotify streams sound great compared to whatever rips off youtube. Maybe more compression?
Yes! They were released in 24bit/96kHz this morning on HDTracks! Can confirm all previous albums received the upgrade.

Back