Tomorrow Comes Today (The Gorillaz Thread)

I get all the Humanz hate but The Now Now is really great I think. It doesn’t sound like a Gorillaz record though, I think of it as a Damon solo album and a much better one than Everyday Robots at that.

I get all the Humanz hate but The Now Now is really great I think. It doesn’t sound like a Gorillaz record though, I think of it as a Damon solo album and a much better one than Everyday Robots at that.

Hard disagree. I prefer Everyday Robots to all of Gorrilaz, only Demon Days comes close. It’s a beautiful little intimate portrayal of by an artist who general obsfucates and avoids the personal.

Hard disagree. I prefer Everyday Robots to all of Gorrilaz, only Demon Days comes close. It’s a beautiful little intimate portrayal of by an artist who general obsfucates and avoids the personal.

That’s funny, I find it to easily be the worst LP he has ever made. I didn't think it was possible for him to make a boring record even though I like plenty of the songs. When I say it is his worst I don’t mean to say it is a BAD record, just not up to his very high standards. I sold my vinyl copy of it and can’t imagine returning to it any time soon, it has a bland quality to it that isn’t very appealing to me. Maybe it is because I live in California and it feels very much like a cloudy day record, although I love Laura Marling and most of hers are the same.

Got through all my RSD stuff. Having never listened to them before I really enjoyed G Sides. I found D Sides a bit of a struggle mainly due to length and I'm not a huge fan of remixes.

I enjoy Humanz more steaming on my car than on vinyl...The Now Now is a great album on vinyl though :)

I suppose heating it to the point it becomes gaseous would be slightly more enjoyable than listening to it. Doesn’t it make a mess of your paintwork though 🤪

I enjoy Humanz more steaming on my car than on vinyl...The Now Now is a great album on vinyl though :)

Yeah, Same. I've had to downgrade alot of my Vinyl in the past couple months and as much as it hurt, the Gorillaz discography was a victim.
I really just enjoy their albums more driving and they barely got any play on my turntable. Demon days (obviously) and The Now Now (mainly because the low resale value didnt even make it worth it) were the only ones I kept. This new one will be tempting though if that track list is true though....

Got through all my RSD stuff. Having never listened to them before I really enjoyed G Sides. I found D Sides a bit of a struggle mainly due to length and I'm not a huge fan of remixes.
G sides is far superior than d sides...I’d even put g sides as one of their top “albums” they’ve released ...foust and the sounder are the shit

G Sides I find works really really well as a standalone project but with D Sides I usually think to myself that I'd rather just be listening to Demon Days... I like D Sides, definitely not a bad project, but not something I needed to drop a decent bit of money on for a big 3LP package

G Sides I find works really really well as a standalone project but with D Sides I usually think to myself that I'd rather just be listening to Demon Days... I like D Sides, definitely not a bad project, but not something I needed to drop a decent bit of money on for a big 3LP package
I was actually expecting to like D Sides more since I love Demon Days but the outtakes didn't even really seem very Demon Days like. Hong Kong and Bill Murray were pretty good though.

I was actually expecting to like D Sides more since I love Demon Days but the outtakes didn't even really seem very Demon Days like. Hong Kong and Bill Murray were pretty good though.
I think d sides is good up until all the remixes then it loses its appeal to me

Fuck look at that deluxe price

Has there been any description of the deluxe besides a tracklist? Maybe it's similar to the Humanz deluxe.

So glad that Beck track is on their. Also got D-Sides yesterday. 72 Canadian at my local is robbery but at least I got it now.

Page is gone now. How much was it?

Back