Tomorrow Comes Today (The Gorillaz Thread)

👀
lbPSLMW.jpg
I wish I could find a bracket that was updated to include songs from The Now Now and Song Machine, but this will have to do for now... anyone else interested in filling one out too?

I got confused and wondered what Madness had to do with Gorillaz...

One Step Beyond me that’s for sure!

I got confused and wondered what Madness had to do with Gorillaz...

One Step Beyond me that’s for sure!
its just a fun thing to pass the time and distract me from the absolute apocalypse that is america right now... oh to live in a world where the greatest trouble is trying to decide whether I like "Clint Eastwood" or "Busted and Blue" more 🥺

its just a fun thing to pass the time and distract me from the absolute apocalypse that is america right now... oh to live in a world where the greatest trouble is trying to decide whether I like "Clint Eastwood" or "Busted and Blue" more 🥺

Awwww! I was also just making a very bad joke...

Awwww! I was also just making a very bad joke...
a joe-ke

but don't take my response too seriously, im just a ball of anxiety atm, as i assume many of my fellow forum peeps are as well! thankfully doing fun little exercises like silly brackets helps my brain relax... and it would be cool to see what songs other peeps pick but it's also by no means required of anyone! I'll probs fill mine out tonight or tomorrow

a joe-ke

but don't take my response too seriously, im just a ball of anxiety atm, as i assume many of my fellow forum peeps are as well! thankfully doing fun little exercises like silly brackets helps my brain relax... and it would be cool to see what songs other peeps pick but it's also by no means required of anyone! I'll probs fill mine out tonight or tomorrow

I be joe-king....

Ah yeah, ubderstandable! We’re all rooting for those of you who are sane over there...

It's gotta be "Clint Eastwood", right? RIGHT?!

It's gotta be "Clint Eastwood", right? RIGHT?!
Not to spoil any of my choices but yes. That's a very easy choice, I just went with it cuz it was the first one in the bracket. "Busted and Blue" is a decent track but it's no match for "Clint Eastwood" whatsoever

This is interesting. It's one of the big Gorillaz "mysteries" that Plastic Beach came from a concept originally called Carousel that ended up getting abandoned for PB. However, there is tons upon tons of music from that era we only have snippets of that would have supposedly been on the original Carousel album. A lot of fans have always lamented the lack of a "Sides" album for Plastic Beach akin to G-Sides for the self titled and D-Sides for Demon Days, especially since there seems to have been an abundance of material left on the cutting room floor. I actually remember following the Plastic Beach release very closely and a very early song to emerge from it was "Electric Shock" - I remember having this song on my iPod before the album ever came out because I remember picking up on the "that's electric shock!" sample being used for "Rhinestone Eyes" when I first heard it. I also apparently downloaded a leaked demo of "Plastic Beach" prior to the album at some point - the version I listened to for quite a while was completely instrumental and basic in terms of the final version. When I finally got the full album I was surprised when the song came in and had vocals on it. I also remember demos of "Stylo" and "Broken" were around for quite a while before the album came out... the weird-ass "Stylo" demo was one of the first tastes of the upcoming album I remember. That video of the "Broken" demo is from 2009 😮

This is interesting. It's one of the big Gorillaz "mysteries" that Plastic Beach came from a concept originally called Carousel that ended up getting abandoned for PB. However, there is tons upon tons of music from that era we only have snippets of that would have supposedly been on the original Carousel album. A lot of fans have always lamented the lack of a "Sides" album for Plastic Beach akin to G-Sides for the self titled and D-Sides for Demon Days, especially since there seems to have been an abundance of material left on the cutting room floor. I actually remember following the Plastic Beach release very closely and a very early song to emerge from it was "Electric Shock" - I remember having this song on my iPod before the album ever came out because I remember picking up on the "that's electric shock!" sample being used for "Rhinestone Eyes" when I first heard it. I also apparently downloaded a leaked demo of "Plastic Beach" prior to the album at some point - the version I listened to for quite a while was completely instrumental and basic in terms of the final version. When I finally got the full album I was surprised when the song came in and had vocals on it. I also remember demos of "Stylo" and "Broken" were around for quite a while before the album came out... the weird-ass "Stylo" demo was one of the first tastes of the upcoming album I remember. That video of the "Broken" demo is from 2009 😮

So with the Valley of the Pagans music video, this seems to be even more relevant now. 👀

as i posted on the fresh grabs thread, I caved in and got the deluxe edition of song machine.

honestly, opium is just too good of a dance track to not own it on a physical format!!!! i'm also an occasional sucker for hardbound art books, so this was an added bonus for me!

as i posted on the fresh grabs thread, I caved in and got the deluxe edition of song machine.

honestly, opium is just too good of a dance track to not own it on a physical format!!!! i'm also an occasional sucker for hardbound art books, so this was an added bonus for me!
Mine is “supposedly” showing up tomorrow 🤬

Back