Time for Some Play Action: The Fantasy Football Thread

week 1 still in progress, but here is the snippet with the latest scores
1568035197881.png

I'll be nice to know who the teams belong to, since not all team names are easy to associate with our aliases here in N&G

I know we are playing fantasy football, but that doesn't mean you have to live in a fantasy world...
giphy.gif

I'm not in the N&G fantasy league, I was late to notice the thread and get involved, but can I post here about random other fantasy things?

I just want to mention that the Reddit sub for fantasy is pretty mean-spirited. I thought it would be a good source for info and conversation but it's just people downvoting comments or providing their own snide comments. I mean, was it that outlandish to comment that I had started Wentz over Lamar Jackson so far this season? Nobody foresaw LJ doing what he has done, especially in the passing game. I am not a big Reddit poster, more of a lurker, so I guess I'm learning this lesson way late in the game eh?

I'm not in the N&G fantasy league, I was late to notice the thread and get involved, but can I post here about random other fantasy things?

I just want to mention that the Reddit sub for fantasy is pretty mean-spirited. I thought it would be a good source for info and conversation but it's just people downvoting comments or providing their own snide comments. I mean, was it that outlandish to comment that I had started Wentz over Lamar Jackson so far this season? Nobody foresaw LJ doing what he has done, especially in the passing game. I am not a big Reddit poster, more of a lurker, so I guess I'm learning this lesson way late in the game eh?

I have no problem with you posting fantasy related things here. Reddit can definitely suck. I never really post there, mainly just read along.

I can understand why you would start Wentz over Jackson, but I don't agree that no one saw it coming. I read multiple pieces proclaiming LJ was going to light it up this year. Now of course most of these analyst's are wrong half the time, so always take these things with a grain of salt. I do feel like, based on the Ravens' opponents in week 1 and 2 (how bad are the Dolphins?!), Lamar's high scoring was definitely a foreseeable possibility.

In any event, these questions of who to start are what make fantasy fun. I started OBJ, Adams and Thielen over Watkins in week 1, based on matchups and last year's performance. On paper it felt like the right decision, but Sammy scored more than those 3 combined. And then when I started him the next week, because he seemed to have a good matchup (and with Tyreek Hill out), he disappointed. You just never know.

I have no problem with you posting fantasy related things here. Reddit can definitely suck. I never really post there, mainly just read along.

I can understand why you would start Wentz over Jackson, but I don't agree that no one saw it coming. I read multiple pieces proclaiming LJ was going to light it up this year. Now of course most of these analyst's are wrong half the time, so always take these things with a grain of salt. I do feel like, based on the Ravens' opponents in week 1 and 2 (how bad are the Dolphins?!), Lamar's high scoring was definitely a foreseeable possibility.

In any event, these questions of who to start are what make fantasy fun. I started OBJ, Adams and Thielen over Watkins in week 1, based on matchups and last year's performance. On paper it felt like the right decision, but Sammy scored more than those 3 combined. And then when I started him the next week, because he seemed to have a good matchup (and with Tyreek Hill out), he disappointed. You just never know.

I will probably ride LJ for awhile instead of playing the match-up game. I got him so late in the draft, I guess I just initially considered Wentz the starter.

Watkins would have been tough to start over the the three you listed, I can't blame you there.

Thanks for letting me join in on some FF discussion, I play every year and I like the friendly chat about players etc, but clearly Reddit isn't the place for that.

You were a couple of weeks early with your prediction, but of course I gave up on Lindsay after 2 bad weeks. Same goes for Thielen 😭 Soo many wasted points.

Nooooooo way lol I'm starting to realize I may need one more solid WR myself

Back