Time for Some Play Action: The Fantasy Football Thread

Speedracer

So I remember there being a fantasy football league organised through the VMP forum last year. Seeing that I live in the Netherlands and have no friends here who watch the NFL, I was hoping we could set up another league this year. Would anyone else be interested? I have no experience running a league, but would be willing to do so if no else wants to.

Potential GM's under consideration for this season.
1. Speedracer
2. Ponman2003
3. SKOT FREE
4. panino
5. chris_d_cole
6. Woob_woob
7. Jonathan Y
8. sahomerrocks
9. tvham
10. blissfullychaotic
11. manonkouch
12. MikeyP

Last edited:
Did you guys start a league yet? I’ve taken an over 10 year break from fantasy sports in general and got the urge to get back in on Yahoo, if they still do it. So lmk and i’ll Start a league for Needles and Grooves

Did you guys start a league yet? I’ve taken an over 10 year break from fantasy sports in general and got the urge to get back in on Yahoo, if they still do it. So lmk and i’ll Start a league for Needles and Grooves
No we haven't started a league yet. I was just trying to gauge interest first.

17 days to kickoff!

Considering that we are inching closer to kickoff, we need to get this show on the road. Before we start, we need to answer a few questions.

1. Are we doing a snake or auction draft ( I think snake would be easier, especially considering that it might be difficult to get everyone online at the same time for the draft, which I think would cause problems for an auction draft)
2. Which fantasy platform are we using(ESPN, Yahoo or something else? We used Yahoo last year and it worked well imo, but I'm open to something else)
3. Who is going to be commish (I'm willing but if someone with experience wants to step up, that would probably be better)
4. When are we going to be holding that draft? (We will have to find a time that is suitable for most, accounting for time differences. I would propose somewhere this coming weekend, that way people don't have to get up early the next day and could potentially stay up past their bed time for the draft.)

I'm tagging everyone that has expressed interest. Please let me know what you all think. @Ponman2003 @SKOT FREE @panino @chris_d_cole @Woob_woob @Jonathan Y @sahomerrocks @tvham @blissfullychaotic @Goatfish

17 days to kickoff!

Considering that we are inching closer to kickoff, we need to get this show on the road. Before we start, we need to answer a few questions.

1. Are we doing a snake or auction draft ( I think snake would be easier, especially considering that it might be difficult to get everyone online at the same time for the draft, which I think would cause problems for an auction draft)
2. Which fantasy platform are we using(ESPN, Yahoo or something else? We used Yahoo last year and it worked well imo, but I'm open to something else)
3. Who is going to be commish (I'm willing but if someone with experience wants to step up, that would probably be better)
4. When are we going to be holding that draft? (We will have to find a time that is suitable for most, accounting for time differences. I would propose somewhere this coming weekend, that way people don't have to get up early the next day and could potentially stay up past their bed time for the draft.)

I'm tagging everyone that has expressed interest. Please let me know what you all think. @Ponman2003 @SKOT FREE @panino @chris_d_cole @Woob_woob @Jonathan Y @sahomerrocks @tvham @blissfullychaotic @Goatfish

I think snake would be easier for a league like this, I prefer yahoo, I dont want to be commish, and I'm free after 4pm est saturday and all day sunday this weekend to draft.

17 days to kickoff!

1-snake draft is my preference
2- espn is what I use normally, but I'm open to suggestions by more experienced people
3-not me! ;)
4-my preference would be for a weekday, late afternoon EU time (morning US time)

Thanks @Speedracer for taking the initiative.
and just to show my credentials (very limited).... Go Bengals!

Back