This Is Jeopardy! (Halloween Edition): The October 2023 Vinyl Spin Challenge Thread

3. This vampire famously sucked blood to live forever, whereas this album is by a band that many people think just sucks and won't die.

Who is Count Dracula?

What is Fear Inoculum by Tool?
20231005_152725.jpg

Perhaps a bit of a reach on this one, but I do know a lot of people who think Tool sucks. Including many who once considered themselves Tool fans. A lot of folks seem to have jumped ship when this, their first album in 13 years, came out.

October 5

This album/song is songwriter writes about the death of love, much like this wrapped up undead man who was only trying to resurect his ancient dead lover.
(I altered the prompt a tad.)

Who is Greg Cartwright?
A good portion of his writing deals with the death of love.

Here I go again
With no stars in the sky
And no hope to anchor my mind
I need a friend I can lean on
But all of my tears have run dry
And I don't know why

--from You Don't Know What You're Missing

IMG_5718.JPG

October5This album/song is about the death of love, much like this wrapped up undead man who was only trying to resurect his ancient dead lover.
What is... Sea Change by Beck. The undead man is a mummy - not sure if it's more specific? This is my favorite Beck album and one of the best breakup albums of all time.

Love looks away in the harsh light of the day
On the edge of nothing more
Days fade to black in the light of what they lack
Nothing's measured by what it needs
Already dead to me now, already dead to me now
'Cause it feels like I'm watching something die

20231005_193143.jpg
Added super fitting quote

Last edited:
October5This album/song is about the death of love, much like this wrapped up undead man who was only trying to resurect his ancient dead lover.

I must be in a hip-hop mood lately, for some reason "Looking at the Front Door" was the first track to come to mind.

Main Source - Breaking Atoms

_MG_2466.JPG

October6This poor bitten fella transforms when the moon rises and the moon makes an appearance on this album.

Wolves and the moon? Sometimes I think you all just want me to play Duran Duran all the time. That fruit is hanging so low... And I also played Warren Zevon and The Cult's S/T a few weeks ago, so I'll go with this one...

Who is an ordinary man bitten by an infected wolf or werewolf and what is the song "Full Moon Baby" from Hollie Cook's "Happy Hour" (2022 Merge), which also has an image of the moon on the cover?

IMG_0487.JPG

Who is The Necromantic (FKA twigs -  Magdalene)?

20231006_111400.jpg

Love that not only becomes dead, but tainted. One of the best art pop releases of the 2010s.

Day 3: This vampire famously sucked blood to live forever, whereas this album is by a band that many people think just sucks and won't die.

Who is Dracula?

What is My Own Prison by Creed

This album is awesome and I will die on that hill.
View attachment 184049
I'm with you on that hill. I'll talk shit about what came next, but this one was great.

Back