This Is Jeopardy! (Halloween Edition): The October 2023 Vinyl Spin Challenge Thread

October3This vampire famously sucked blood to live forever, whereas this album is by a band that many people think just sucks and won't die.

I'm with Turbo on this; I don't buy albums I don't intend to listen to, and my first impulse with this question is to try and find an album that I expect most people would find cringe and then try to be, in my way, apologetic for my music taste. I've realized I have a habit of internally beating myself down whenever I'm given the opportunity and I'm really trying not to do that so much. So instead I'm going to go for a group that basically no-one here would argue is a bad group, and yet I've had several times where I mention that I'm a fan of them in real life, only for someone to respond that "they just don't care for them," whereupon I can't find it in myself to say anything but "fair!" in light of the reputation fans of this band have. Pink Floyd would've been another good pick.

What is Radiohead - Kid A?

_MG_2462.JPG

October3This vampire famously sucked blood to live forever, whereas this album is by a band that many people think just sucks and won't die.

I adore Captain Beefheart And The Magic Band. I am confident that I'm firmly in the minority...

Making Love To A Vampire With A Monkey On My Knee...

What is Captain Beefheart And The Magic Band - Doc At The Radar Station?

20231004_233006.jpg

October4The band/musician who recorded this album comes from this same continent as the Creature from the Black Lagoon.

Was gonna play some Sepultura but I don't have any on vinyl. Here's a song involving South America dedicated to them...

What is Going To Brazil? The Creature would thrash his gills right off to this one...

Motorhead - 1916

20230624_231454.jpg

October 5
This album/song is about the death of love, much like this wrapped up undead man who was only trying to resurrect his ancient dead lover.

What is Mike Ness ~ Cheating At Solitaire

IMG_3818.jpeg

What song about the death of love was originally released by Lefty Frizzell and has been covered numerous times, including by Mike Ness?

Last edited:
Whoa I just woke up from a nap. How long did I just sleep? 😉

I had a similar thought - my sleep schedule's been thrown way out of whack with being sick all week, so there was some plausible WTF?!

81l3su.jpg

Back