This Is Jeopardy! (Halloween Edition): The October 2023 Vinyl Spin Challenge Thread

October30This album is associated with the name of this pre-holiday eve, which was historically associated with arson and vandalism particularly in the Detroit area.

What is Devil's Night and what is The Rolling Stone "Beggars Banquet" (1968 London Records; 1977 japanese reissue)?
A little sympathy for the dude.

IMG_0535.JPG

October30This album is associated with the name of this pre-holiday eve, which was historically associated with arson and vandalism particularly in the Detroit area.

What is Devil's Night and what is The Rolling Stone "Beggars Banquet" (1968 London Records; 1977 japanese reissue)?
A little sympathy for the dude.

View attachment 185999
Goddamnit.
IMG_8193.jpeg

October 28
This Parisian filmaker's last two full length films have plunged viewers into sharp social commentary of the expectations placed on women's bodies and sexuality, using both canibalism and auto-fetish. This album also deals with topics of gender and sexual norms.

Who is Julia Ducournau? Anyone who hasn't watched her films yet and wants some excellent and weird movies for Halloween, these are well worth the watch!

MIKA - Life In Cartoon Motion

I know I've played this in a previous challenge and should have dug deeper, but this is a fun pop album and I was in the mood for something light, which is the opposite of these movies.
Screenshot_2023-10-30-13-13-05-29_4a808d795e22c35ddff3ce3b406eb72d.jpg

Nah. I have a deep bench. Never a bad thing to have to spin more records.

Ok, no sympathy for you then.

bartsimpson-mooning.gif

This is a traditional activity that Satan does every year to make sure he looks perfect for the big night.

What is a...

What is Beck ~ Odelay?

IMG_4187.jpeg

Day 30: This album is associated with the name of this pre-holiday eve, which was historically associated with arson and vandalism particularly in the Detroit area.

I mean…

What is “Devil’s Night” by D12?

View attachment 186012
A true Daily Double.

October28This Parisian filmaker's last two full length films have plunged viewers into sharp social commentary of the expectations placed on women's bodies and sexuality, using both canibalism and auto-fetish. This album also deals with topics of gender and sexual norms.
Who is... Julia Ducournau. Not familiar but i've heard of "Raw". This is Garbage - beautifulgarbage - this album has a lot of songs about gender identity.
20231030_185409.jpg

October29This Polish muscian, who died at 37, composed a score for this famous 1968 flim, directed by a sex offender, in a genre not typically associated with horror films. This album is also in this genre.
Who is.... Krzysztof Komeda for his Jazz soundtrack on Rosemary's Baby. Haven't watched it in forever but I don't even remember this soundtrack being Jazz, i remember creepy singing lullaby music. Regardless, this is Kamasi Washington's Harmony of Difference.
20231030_210541.jpg

What is... Devil's Night. This is Boards of Canada - Geogaddi which contains the song, The Devil Is In The Details.
20231030_214247.jpg

Day 26: This film is named after a board game that features racist caricatures and comedically plays on the racial tropes of American horror movies that tend to focus on white people. This album features some commentary on the racial disparities in America.
What is The Blackening?
What is 'It Takes A Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back' by Public Enemy?
20231030_222416.jpg

Back