This Is Jeopardy! (Halloween Edition): The October 2023 Vinyl Spin Challenge Thread

October31This question is uttered more on this day than any other throughout the year. This album includes songs fitting for how you answered the question.

What is Trick or Treat and what is Cheap Trick "Cheap Trick" (1977 Epic; 2013 reissue)?
This one can be considered to reference both answers, the name of the band and album being the consequence of one answer and album closer "Oh Candy" being the response to the other.

IMG_0536.JPG

31. This question is uttered more on this day than any other throughout the year. This album includes songs fitting for how you answered the question.
What is "trick or treat?"

What is Trapline by Snotty Nose Rez Kids?
I hate to burst your little bubble baby
But Halloween is the only time you wanna be me
Never lost like LaVar - best believe me brotha

Knock, knock - trick or treaty mothafucka
20231031_102449.jpg

October30This album is associated with the name of this pre-holiday eve, which was historically associated with arson and vandalism particularly in the Detroit area.

What is Devil's Night (Sightless Pit - Grave of a Dog)?

20231031_111720.jpg

A one-off collaboration with Dylan Walker [Full of Hell], Lee Buford [The Body], and Kristin Hayter [Lingua Ignota]? Sounds evil and nasty on paper and the execution is very much that way. Also features the song "Whom The Devil Long Sought To Strangle," pretty twisted.

October31This question is uttered more on this day than any other throughout the year. This album includes songs fitting for how you answered the question.

What is "Trick or Treat?" (Lana Del Rey - Did You Know That There's a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd)?

20231031_114723.jpg

Why yes, one "Sweet" and edible "Candy Necklace" for me! Wash it down with some "A&W" after.

Day 28: This Parisian filmaker's last two full length films have plunged viewers into sharp social commentary of the expectations placed on women's bodies and sexuality, using both canibalism and auto-fetish. This album also deals with topics of gender and sexual norms.
Who is Julia Ducournau?
What is 'Park Life' by Blur?

20231031_153348.jpg

October 30

This album is associated with the name of this pre-holiday eve, which was historically associated with arson and vandalism particularly in the Detroit area.

Camper Van Beethoven - Our Beloved Revolutionary Sweetheart
Song: “Devil Song”

IMG_6340.jpeg

“Hey, ya wanna start a fire?
One that will never go out?”

Back