Third Man Records Vault

they really should be more open about the fact that they create the labels for these very early in the fulfillment process (my label for the live in vegas was printed last week already) because if people aren't part of the club long term, I think that detail gets missed. we're all so pavlovian in that we see a label created we think shipment is imminent and it just compounds frustration. i didn't get this one, but it does seem slower than usual.

they really should be more open about the fact that they create the labels for these very early in the fulfillment process (my label for the live in vegas was printed last week already) because if people aren't part of the club long term, I think that detail gets missed. we're all so pavlovian in that we see a label created we think shipment is imminent and it just compounds frustration. i didn't get this one, but it does seem slower than usual.
Agreed. Maybe what they don’t realize is when a label is created it automatically goes on your informed delivery. So perhaps they think by not saying anything, no one is the wiser.

i think there's also the fact that if my math is correct, and the internet trustworthy, only about 15% of people in the US are signed up for Informed Delivery. While I don't doubt that there's a high crossover between people, like record collectors, who buy a lot of things online and want to track those things and people who signed up for Informed Delivery, I can absolutely see a company not even considering that people will be anxious about a label printed 2 mos before shipment as a downstream from printing the labels early

i think there's also the fact that if my math is correct, and the internet trustworthy, only about 15% of people in the US are signed up for Informed Delivery. While I don't doubt that there's a high crossover between people, like record collectors, who buy a lot of things online and want to track those things and people who signed up for Informed Delivery, I can absolutely see a company not even considering that people will be anxious about a label printed 2 mos before shipment as a downstream from printing the labels early
I think the fact that they said now shipping in emails two months+ ago is more of a cause of worry then the informed delivery thing. Plus my informed delivery only gets about half of my stuff in it, it's better than nothing but still not perfect by a long shot.

Last edited:
I think the fact that the said now shipping in emails two months+ ago is more of a cause of worry then the informed delivery thing. Plus my informed delivery only gets about half of my stuff in it, it's better than nothing but still not perfect by a long shot.
Stop having stuff shipped to @Hemotep and maybe the usps will recognize the package!

I don't know if this is still the case, since I haven't had to sign up in a long time. But they used to explain that there's a post in the vault both when shipping begins, and when the last package has left the building. They did that I assume to cut down on the amount of, "Where's my vault??" emails.

I'm a record collector who doesn't want to deal with stolen packages or needing to sign for things, so I have a Box that I have stuff sent to. I am not eligible for informed delivery there since there's like 50 people all with the same address just a different box number.

I only know that stuff has arrived when the box texts me.

I'm a record collector who doesn't want to deal with stolen packages or needing to sign for things, so I have a Box that I have stuff sent to. I am not eligible for informed delivery there since there's like 50 people all with the same address just a different box number.

I only know that stuff has arrived when the box texts me.
I should have done this at my last address. So many stolen packages, or packages marked as delivered when I was home that were never dropped off.

I haven't had any go missing in the last year since I moved, but I try to toss a gift card to my postal carrier every couple months here. At the last place it was a different person nearly every week so it made no difference and they hated our apartment management nearly as much as I did. The city refused to deliver mail for six months because the mailboxes weren't up to standard and management dragged their asses on fixing it.

I should have done this at my last address. So many stolen packages, or packages marked as delivered when I was home that were never dropped off.

I haven't had any go missing in the last year since I moved, but I try to toss a gift card to my postal carrier every couple months here. At the last place it was a different person nearly every week so it made no difference and they hated our apartment management nearly as much as I did. The city refused to deliver mail for six months because the mailboxes weren't up to standard and management dragged their asses on fixing it.

SIX MONTHS???

mine is out for delivery which is surprising since my last name should be toward the end of the shipping order

edit: and it's landed - good looking package in person - can't wait to spin it

Last edited:
I've only heard really crappy mp3s of this show in the past, and I'm only through side 1, but it sounds good to my ears. Meg's drums are very big in the mix, Jack's guitar has that perfect fuzziness it did in that era. Vocals are slightly overdriven, but everything live from them usually was. Records are flat, lined inners, no defects I can tell on visual inspection.

Back