Third Man Records Vault

It looks like dropping the ball on ordering in time isn't going to bite me in the ass afterall.

I reached out to see if it was at all still possible to get my hands on a copy. I even asked if they ever have the Vault packages in stock for sale at the Nashville brick and mortar so that I could get a friend to go pick one up for me. I just received this response.

View attachment 184403

So... now I'm going to have to avidly support and defend them from now on.
Damn, somebody at TMR was in a good mood. That, or your karma has now been re-calibrated. Or both.

It looks like dropping the ball on ordering in time isn't going to bite me in the ass afterall.

I reached out to see if it was at all still possible to get my hands on a copy. I even asked if they ever have the Vault packages in stock for sale at the Nashville brick and mortar so that I could get a friend to go pick one up for me. I just received this response.

View attachment 184403

your Jack Whites @NathanRicaud now

Log into the third man site using your vault credentials and in Vault News there should be a post about this Vault shipping. That usually tells the order in which they shipped them and the date they should be shipped by and who to reach out to if you’re past that date and have had no movement on your box

Nothing. It’s now been 3 weeks since I got an email (and August since label created) and my last name is on the back half of the alphabet. Meaning they’re not even close to halfway done which seems ridiculous.
I'm really screwed then. My last name will be near the end.

View attachment 184403

I tried my luck at this and they told me "sorry not sorry" :ROFLMAO: . just asked if it was possible to purchase it since I apparently never checked out and they said there are no extra copies and they are pressed on demand for vault members.

I tried my luck at this and they told me "sorry not sorry" :ROFLMAO: . just asked if it was possible to purchase it since I apparently never checked out and they said there are no extra copies and they are pressed on demand for vault members.

Did you try writing a 2,200-word article about the release? That's the only reason they gave me a copy.

I like your tactic, though

Did you try writing a 2,200-word article about the release? That's the only reason they gave me a copy.

I like your tactic, though

weirdly i copied and pasted yours and increased the font size to make it seem longer and they didn't seem to care!!

you definitely deserved one haha. i had to shoot my shot though. i gladly would have paid for it.

weirdly i copied and pasted yours and increased the font size to make it seem longer and they didn't seem to care!!

you definitely deserved one haha. i had to shoot my shot though. i gladly would have paid for it.

I was trying to pay for it, too. I just added this to highlight that, while trying to convince others to buy it, I fucked up myself.
The truth is that I like to wait until the very last minute to buy shit for no good reason. It's 100% my fault.

I was going to do a short post, but the same thing happens that always happens. I wound up reading a ton of shit, watching interviews about him, watching Syd Barrett documentaries, and essentially revisiting and reviewing the albums. I just took all that and shoved a bunch of info in there. I did a Sun Ra post around the same time and paused to watch like 3 Sun Ra documentaries in the middle of it.

Anyway... it was a noble effort on your part. I've definitely sent the same exact excuse for things in the past. It works sometimes. It's always worth taking a shot. I personally think it was a really good angle.

Last edited:
I was trying to pay for it, too. I just added this to highlight that, while trying to convince others to buy it, I fucked up myself.
The truth is that I like to wait until the very last minute to buy shit for no good reason. It's 100% my fault.

I was going to do a short post, but the same thing happens that always happens. I wound up reading a ton of shit, watching interviews about him, watching Syd Barrett documentaries, and essentially revisiting and reviewing the albums. I just took all that and shoved abunch of info in there. I did a Sun Ra post around the same time and paused to watch like 3 Sun Ra documentaries in the middle of it.

Anyway... it was a noble effort on your part. I've definitely sent the same exact excuse for things in the past. It works sometimes. It's always worth taking shot. I personally think it was a really good angle.
Yea for sure--you did some actual work and actually deserve to get one. I did....nothing except be forgetful/indecisive! I'll see if I can grab one elsewhere if the reviews on it are good.

I was going to do a short post, but the same thing happens that always happens. I wound up reading a ton of shit, watching interviews about him, watching Syd Barrett documentaries, and essentially revisiting and reviewing the albums. I just took all that and shoved abunch of info in there. I did a Sun Ra post around the same time and paused to watch like 3 Sun Ra documentaries in the middle of it.

Anyway... it was a noble effort on your part. I've definitely sent the same exact excuse for things in the past. It works sometimes. It's always worth taking shot. I personally think it was a really good angle.

Sun Ra post?
giphy (4).gif

(I have it queued up in another tab already, but wanted to post the GIF anyway)

Back