Third Man Records Vault

I don't know if they do but it is something they would do
I believe the story about them randomly throwing colored copies into online orders, or sending them to local record shops. But when it comes to the Vault packages it seems like (a) they're very precise about what you're going to get and (b) if they were going to do a "hey, who knows, maybe we'll toss an extra 7" into your box" type of thing, they'd advertise it that way.

Thoughts on the packaging?
It’s a lenticular slipcase. I mean, nothing too exciting there. It’s a pretty nicely done one, I guess. The bandana feels like a cheap corporate giveaway type. Again, nothing exciting but ok it’s a toy. The slip mat is a decent felt slipmat. I don’t run a mat, so I didn’t measure thickness or anything. And the 45 is just a 2-song 45 (demos of a couple songs) in the usual TMR paper sleeve. I can give you more specifics or photos if there’s something in particular you’re curious about.

Wow! Someone ripped off the lenticular cover and discovered an alternate image! Check it out in the discogs images...
Cheers to the person who risked it to rip it off!
That’s a pretty cool call back.

Cuz you need to get in on this! Sign up for Vault 41. It will be flat and you know if it isn't I’ll handle it...
Hahaha yes thanks! I think I will be signing up for the next one. It seems like it's likely to be a pretty special package. I have the Sleep Vault that I bought unopened from @Turbo and it's great. And mostly flat, close enough to not be a concern.

Wow! Someone ripped off the lenticular cover and discovered an alternate image! Check it out in the discogs images...
Hahaha that's amazing

Cuz you need to get in on this! Sign up for Vault 41. It will be flat and you know if it isn't I’ll handle it...
So I'm new to this, do you get any indication as to what's in the box prior to announcement? Or just what album it is? I only ask because it's close to a hundred dollars CAD to get this and if I spent that and got this months package of a single album and a 7 inch I'd be kinda (very) pissed.

Those crazy kids.

So I'm new to this, do you get any indication as to what's in the box prior to announcement? Or just what album it is? I only ask because it's close to a hundred dollars CAD to get this and if I spent that and got this months package of a single album and a 7 inch I'd be kinda (very) pissed.
Here’s the cool part. They will announce the album in advance and then give a window to sign up. They might tease some of the special contents but you generally know what you’re getting before you pay. We knew there would be a 7 inch. Slipmat was a surprise.

Here’s the cool part. They will announce the album in advance and then give a window to sign up. They might tease some of the special contents but you generally know what you’re getting before you pay.
And do they charge immediately or when it ships?

And do they charge immediately or when it ships?
Charge immediately. Then they press to the quantity ordered. No overselling. It will auto renew if you don’t stop before the next quarterly package but there is plenty of time to cancel if you don’t like it.

Charge immediately. Then they press to the quantity ordered. No overselling. It was auto renew if you don’t stop before the next quarterly package but there is plenty of time to cancel if you don’t like it.
Cool, I'm in for the debut album once it's kinda confirmed. I'll keep my eyes open here and sign up as soon as there are a few more details...

Went to Rough Trade in Brooklyn on my lunch break to pick up some preorders and they asked if I was there for Raconteurs preorder and I forgot all about this release and vault package. It looks pretty awesome and I keep meaning to sign up again for TMV...Then they kicked everyone out of the store because Jack White was coming in to do a performance and signing haha

In my experience, they end up falling off anyway so no need to butcher it :unsure:

Slipmat was a surprise.

I thought it was announced

Back