Third Man Records Vault

Mine was weirdly not sent to the address I have on my account? Does anyone know the best route to take care of this? It’s en route to Omaha and I definitely don’t live there

Mine was weirdly not sent to the address I have on my account? Does anyone know the best route to take care of this? It’s en route to Omaha and I definitely don’t live there
Email in and see if you have the wrong tracking number

I already know someone out there is mad that list doesn't include Elephant.

My favorite White Stripes album is whichever one I happen to be listening to at the moment.

My favorite White Stripes song never changes though. It's the version of Stop Breaking Down from John Peel's show. It's everything I love about the white stripes distilled into one song with a manic face melting guitar solo. He basically tweeks this solo into an entire song, Ball and a Biscuit later on, and that's another fave White Stripes track of mine.

When I was young, I always thought it was ridiculous that people wanted to ban Rock n Roll back in the day because of the "THINK OF THE CHILDREN" sentiment. It was laughable to me that Elvis was shot from the waist up on tv, or how crazy people went for the Beatles. It all sounded like the superstitions of a bygone time. Then one day I heard Jack White play guitar, and I understood it all, and boy did I want to fuck.

It is really well done. I wish all of their releases were at least along the same lines in packaging
If they were I'd have to put a new wing on my house hold them. I use the ITX box to hold a lot of the miscellaneous stuff from other Vault packages. Still got a lot of room in there.

I'm hovering super hard on that Icky Thump X Package. Found a moderately reasonable price for it on discogs unopened.
I picked up a copy of this the other week and its honestly fantastically well done and certainly worth the original price and more. The detail is outstanding and the music is stellar.

On a side note, I was too late to sign up for the package you guys will be getting today/tomorrow, so if anyone feels like posting some pics on here it would be much appreciated!

FYI, depending on where you’re at, FedEx might be held up on your delivery. The Memphis, TN hub is jammed up due to weather so if your routing passes through there you might be affected.
Looks like mine may have gotten through but is scheduled for tomorrow so we will see

First quarter in the club. I've heard that some vault packages get a surprise 7" record randomly thrown in.

Anyone hear of this?

Has anyone listened to Help Us Stranger yet? Im just about through listening to it (streaming) now and I must say, its pretty damn good. Jealous of you guys getting your Vault exclusive. I ordered the Indie exclusive though so hoping it will have arrived at home by the time I get back from work.

I haven’t, and honestly it doesn’t really sound like something they’d do.

Didn't mention Vault specifically, my mistake, but here's the reference i read: Beginning with TMR-009, an additional 50 tri-colored vinyl have been pressed for random distribution in Third Man mail orders. Certain single releases have been sold on tri-colored vinyl available at record stores in the artist's hometown instead of at the Nashville store. An additional 50 are still randomly distributed in mail orders.

from the wikipedia page here.

Interesting if true.

Has anyone listened to Help Us Stranger yet? Im just about through listening to it (streaming) now and I must say, its pretty damn good. Jealous of you guys getting your Vault exclusive. I ordered the Indie exclusive though so hoping it will have arrived at home by the time I get back from work.

Started this morning, its pretty good. I would say consolers was more focused but maybe this one needs to grow on me.

Didn't mention Vault specifically, my mistake, but here's the reference i read: Beginning with TMR-009, an additional 50 tri-colored vinyl have been pressed for random distribution in Third Man mail orders. Certain single releases have been sold on tri-colored vinyl available at record stores in the artist's hometown instead of at the Nashville store. An additional 50 are still randomly distributed in mail orders.

from the wikipedia page here.

Interesting if true.
Spot-checking some TMR releases on Discogs, I don't see anything that looks like that. Doesn't necessarily mean they don't exist.

Back