Third Man Records Vault

And what's XX? Is that basically a deluxe version of their debut album?
They had an icky thump X release for the 10 year anniversary of the album. It was icky thump and two extra single LPs full of demos and live recordings along with a book of photos, a rag and bones pin set, and a nifty box. Was well worth the price in my opinion. And that was back when they still used United for the extra LPs and did icky thump in house, I imagine everything would be in house this time.

So here's a thing that just happened. I went back to check out the White Stripes self titled album because I couldn't remember what songs were on it. Back when they came out I had De Stijl, White Blood Cells and Elephant then I kinda fell off because I got oversaturated with them being EVERYWHERE. Haven't actively listened to them in over a decade... So I put on their first album about ten minutes ago and quickly realized, I have no recollection of ever hearing it before... I honestly don't know if I've ever heard any of these song before. Now I can't decide if the next vault package is something I need more than anything in the world because all the songs are new to me OR something I absolutely do not need because I have absolutely zero nostalgia for that album on account of apparently never bothering to listen to it back in the day...

So here's a thing that just happened. I went back to check out the White Stripes self titled album because I couldn't remember what songs were on it. Back when they came out I had De Stijl, White Blood Cells and Elephant then I kinda fell off because I got oversaturated with them being EVERYWHERE. Haven't actively listened to them in over a decade... So I put on their first album about ten minutes ago and quickly realized, I have no recollection of ever hearing it before... I honestly don't know if I've ever heard any of these song before. Now I can't decide if the next vault package is something I need more than anything in the world because all the songs are new to me OR something I absolutely do not need because I have absolutely zero nostalgia for that album on account of apparently never bothering to listen to it back in the day...
~*~OnLy 90's KiDs WiLL ReMeMbEr tHiS wHiTe StRiPeS aLbUm!~*~

Self titled feels like the White Stripes at their rawest. Its them at their most garage rock-esque in my opinion. I think that White's songwriting isn't as strong as it would get with later albums but the lofi fuzzy intensity makes it one of my top three white stripes albums (the other two being White Blood Cells and Icky Thump).

I already know someone out there is mad that list doesn't include Elephant.

Last edited:
Picked up my first Vault package last week. It was bought second hand but had basically been untouched (it came in the original shipping box and everything was bubble wrapped). I have to say im blown away by the quality and amount of extras that come in the set. I was skeptical of the price at first, but if each package is along the similar lines to this then im in for a treat for sure!

Package 33 - The White Stripes - Icky Thump X

View attachment 4411
And what's XX? Is that basically a deluxe version of their debut album?

@Mather the above is the 'Icky Thump X' package I recently picked up on the resale market. I joined the Vault and it comes to 80USD inc postage for me as an international (thats around the £64 mark). Its a high figure but based upon the quality and content to the 'Icky Thump X' package its worth it for me (assuming it will be their debut and a similar treatment to the above).

My FedEx tracking info says an expected delivery for today, but has no tracking history at all other than label created/info sent to FedEx. I’ve resolved that I’m not going to check it for the rest of the day and let it be a surprise when I get home.

My FedEx tracking info says an expected delivery for today, but has no tracking history at all other than label created/info sent to FedEx. I’ve resolved that I’m not going to check it for the rest of the day and let it be a surprise when I get home.
so they printed the labels quite a while ago (5/31), they printed two for me for some reason so I can still see one of them as with no shipping info, it has a delivery date of the 20th. So basically TMR prints the labels and gives FedEx an anticipated ship date which creates the "delivery date"

This is me as well. I think with the previous packages I've received it's been pretty fast from label to my door, but it would be crazy if it showed up today.

Back