Third Man Records Vault

...and the music itself? I've seen mixed reactions. I think I'm fine holding out until I hear the whole thing (especially at the Vault Exclusive price), but still pretty tempted.
Definitely better than Boarding House Reach, but still has the same eccentric, experimental feel though.

Oh the new Jack album? He is at least trying to push things forward musically instead of trying to be a retro act.

I think this and Boarding House will be snobbed up by indieheads today, but will be called classics by the next gen

I ordered one, but it's still in transit. It's limited to 1 per vault member. So if you're looking for one, you need to find the rare vault member who doesn't care about Jack White music. I'm sure they exist, they just got a bunch of Sleep fan sign ups for example.

Interesting... In Jack's recent video interview with Apple's Zane Lowe, @ 38:56 Jack tells Zane that the "Glow In The Dark" Vinyl sounds terrible. "It's something about the composition of the PVC, the materials that make's it glow in the dark makes it sound terrible"

Jack didn't mention if his Limited Edition Swirled Color vinyl had same issue, but he did say the reason why Black vinyl is the industry standard color is because it sounds the best.

Regarding his new album. My first reaction was. "Jack re-discovered his DEVO collection" (as if his new hair style and ROLAND keyboard tracks weren't obvious clues)

2015_MothersbaughMyopia_003.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting... In Jack's recent video interview with Apple's Zane Lowe, @ 38:56 Jack tells Zane that the "Glow In The Dark" Vinyl sounds terrible. "It's something about the composition of the PVC, the materials that make's it glow in the dark makes it sound terrible"

Jack didn't mention if his Limited Edition Swirled Color vinyl had same issue, but he did say the reason why Black vinyl is the industry standard color is because it sounds the best.

Regarding his new album. My first reaction was. "Jack re-discovered his DEVO collection" (as if his new hair style and ROLAND keyboard tracks weren't obvious clues)

2015_MothersbaughMyopia_003.jpg

SUPERVINYL sounds best. It ain’t black.

Love my Vaults but this one looks a little underwhelming in initial presentation…

View attachment 136455

Looking forward to hearing it. Hope sound is good.

There was a time where a vault was an LP, a 7" and a third item(sometimes a second 7" !). At some point, years ago now, they did a user survey poll thing. And the results were like, 7"s suck, not everything has to be about Jack White, DVDs rule!

So here we are, years later, and I have at least 3 unwatched DVDs on my shelf.

There was a time where a vault was an LP, a 7" and a third item(sometimes a second 7" !). At some point, years ago now, they did a user survey poll thing. And the results were like, 7"s suck, not everything has to be about Jack White, DVDs rule!

So here we are, years later, and I have at least 3 unwatched DVDs on my shelf.

Yes. I here u. Hard to store so it all stays together.

I keep telling myself I’ll watch all the music videos in various sets someday but in truth I usually watch TV with my wife and spin vinyl at music time. I haven’t opened a music DVD in yrs. All in mint condition.

We both like Carole King though so never say never.

Grabbed the Carole King vault off Discogs for under $40 shipped. Felt like it was worth it after considering the full price. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but what are general feelings? I was surprised to see the price so low...

Grabbed the Carole King vault off Discogs for under $40 shipped. Felt like it was worth it after considering the full price. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but what are general feelings? I was surprised to see the price so low...
I would probably consider it for 30-40 but not for the original cost.

No I just looked and it was listed $25 plus $4 shipping. Prices are dropping. You still got a great deal.
Definitely feel that way and am excited to have it in my collection. My recent live album purchases have been some of my favorites. It's my first Vault purchase (although indirect), so I'm looking forward to seeing what it's all about. I may keep an eye on future releases. Sleep isn't really my thing, so I passed on that.

Definitely feel that way and am excited to have it in my collection. My recent live album purchases have been some of my favorites. It's my first Vault purchase (although indirect), so I'm looking forward to seeing what it's all about. I may keep an eye on future releases. Sleep isn't really my thing, so I passed on that.
I did as well. I jump in and out depending on the release. Some vaults are better than others.

Back