Third Man Records Vault

I've been on the fence about canceling for a while now, and this may be the final push I needed. I'm torn because I've been a member since 2013, and there have been some great releases over that time that I have really enjoyed, but it may be time to move on...

Happy new year, Vault friends!

Due to two years of consistent and sharp increases in product costs and shipping rates worldwide, beginning February 1st the Vault subscription price will increase $10 USD per quarter for all US and Canada subscriptions, and $15 USD per quarter for all International subscriptions. We appreciate your loyalty and we want to maintain the same quality of standards that we have always upheld despite the recent challenging environment. …”

🤕
Yeah, I’m definitely out at this rate. I’ll jump back in if there’s anything worth $75 in the future. An LP, a single, and a DVD for that price is a little high.

I've been on the fence about canceling for a while now, and this may be the final push I needed. I'm torn because I've been a member since 2013, and there have been some great releases over that time that I have really enjoyed, but it may be time to move on...

Yes, I’ve got 7yrs in (28 vaults). I’ve always felt it was fairly priced but another 10$ increase makes it pretty steep. 😖

Edit: But, in the end I’ll keep it going for awhile yet because of Tidal spiff. I just don’t have to like it.

Last edited:
Increase of product cost and shipping? Hasn't media mail stayed roughly the same? Thirdman produces it all themselves right? So what increased?

I'm on the annual charge, so this will actually be the first time I pay more than I did for the first one. Fortunately my annual charge went through at the end of December so I've got a year to even think about canceling.

Due to two years of consistent and sharp increases in product costs and shipping rates worldwide, beginning February 1st the Vault subscription price will increase $10 USD per quarter for all US and Canada subscriptions, and $15 USD per quarter for all International subscriptions. We appreciate your loyalty and we want to maintain the same quality of standards that we have always upheld despite the recent challenging environment. …”

🤕
Yea, um, just had a vinyl me please flashback. I was with vmp for years before their major monthly cost increase. I've been with TMR for
nearly 8 years. I understand the industry's difficulties, which include price increases across the entire industry, but it's getting to be too much for me. Guess it's time for me to bow out. So sad. Goodbye, Jack. It was fun while it lasted.

Is it cheaper to pay yearly?

$20

PLEASE NOTE: annual Vault subscriptions will increase by the same amount: $10 USD per quarter ($40 USD per year) for US and Canada subscriptions and $15 USD per quarter ($60 USD per year) for International subscriptions, maintaining the same $20 USD annual discount. If you are currently in the middle of an annual Vault subscription, your cost will not increase until your next renewal date. “

🤕

Corporate profits are at 50 year highs, Jack White wants to get in on that action as well.

Yea, um, just had a vinyl me please flashback. I was with vmp for years before their major monthly cost increase. I've been with TMR for
nearly 8 years. I understand the industry's difficulties, which include price increases across the entire industry, but it's getting to be too much for me. Guess it's time for me to bow out. So sad. Goodbye, Jack. It was fun while it lasted.

Yah I've dramatically cut down on my vinyl spending in the last year and it's entirely due to me having sticker shock so often now.

With the increasing of prices, I wonder how many people will step back or stop buying new vinyl all together. Focusing on used instead. CD sales are increasing already and are definitely cheaper.

this is the second price hike in 13 years - found my receipt for Vault 1 and it was $60, so they've jumped about a dollar a year in cost, but admittedly it's all backloaded over the past couple. That's not terrible at all, things considered in the vinyl world these days. I dip in and out of the Vault and will continue to if there are things that are interesting to me.

Back