Third Man Records Vault

Most of them are I do believe. Anything that gets done at TMP they tend to advertise as such, and even when they do part of a vault it tends to just be a part as they don't have the space to fulfill that sort of an order in house.
Really? I looked back 3 years on discogs and didn't see a single United credit on the Vaults since then. Everything said pressed at TMR.

Last edited:
Really? I looked back 3 years on discogs and didn't see a single United credit on the Vaults since then Everything said pressed at TMR.

It's not something I track super closely. But for example the Icky XX, only the Icky Thump was done at TMP. Everything else at United.

Still waiting for my copy to even move. Got a shipping notice like a week ago but nothing has happened. And Nashville is so close to me!

Been reading the mixing is bad so now I’m less excited. Cause when I saw that announcement I felt I had to have it. Seems like an incredible set.

Still waiting for my copy to even move. Got a shipping notice like a week ago but nothing has happened. And Nashville is so close to me!

Been reading the mixing is bad so now I’m less excited. Cause when I saw that announcement I felt I had to have it. Seems like an incredible set.

You know if they even have a caveat emptor statement about the source up front (ie this is a great show but it's a soundboard) I would have respected that even if I decided to pass. Presenting this in a 4xLP box and letting people think this going to be a great audio experience is just bad form.

Honestly, if you get a clean copy, and you crank it up loud, it's fun. It ain't audiophile in any universe but it's fun. And the mixing does get better as you get farther into it. Guessing the sound guy got it kinda sorted after the first 30 minutes.
If I recall that's kinda how the actual show sounded. It seemed a bit "off" for the beginning but got better.

Honestly, if you get a clean copy, and you crank it up loud, it's fun. It ain't audiophile in any universe but it's fun. And the mixing does get better as you get farther into it. Guessing the sound guy got it kinda sorted after the first 30 minutes.

I listened to the first 2 LPs earlier today and that's about right. I actually played it at a lower volume than usual (to not annoy the ladies in the house too much), but it was enjoyable for what it was. You definitely hear the sound brighten up a bit by the time you get to LP2. I don't remember the exact spot, but at some point I noticed I could hear the bass player more clearly.

In terms of issues on my copy, there were some but I'm ok with them so far. Random pops but none were repetitive. Had swishing between two tracks on the blue LP but it only lasted a few revolutions. Noise at the ends of sides. Could be much worse, so I won't complain about these. 2 more records to go.

I listened to the first 2 LPs earlier today and that's about right. I actually played it at a lower volume than usual (to not annoy the ladies in the house too much), but it was enjoyable for what it was. You definitely hear the sound brighten up a bit by the time you get to LP2. I don't remember the exact spot, but at some point I noticed I could hear the bass player more clearly.

In terms of issues on my copy, there were some but I'm ok with them so far. Random pops but none were repetitive. Had swishing between two tracks on the blue LP but it only lasted a few revolutions. Noise at the ends of sides. Could be much worse, so I won't complain about these. 2 more records to go.

I gathered the willpower to get into the third LP and....yeah I still think this is just complete shit. I'm not entirely sure if it got better, but it's still a boot tier soundboard and the instruments are so buried and muddied that I find it tiring to even get through.

I don't think mine is long for the record shelf, gents

I gathered the willpower to get into the third LP and....yeah I still think this is just complete shit. I'm not entirely sure if it got better, but it's still a boot tier soundboard and the instruments are so buried and muddied that I find it tiring to even get through.

I don't think mine is long for the record shelf, gents
Sadly, despite me being at that show, I may end up keeping mine sealed and selling it.

Back