Third Man Records Vault

Ha, uh oh. In what way?

I mean these are my first impressions on to disc 2, but the source sounds like a tape recording or FM broadcast. The setlist and performance are great, the vinyl is quiet. But the source just sounds weak- Jack's vocals are up front, with Lillie Mae's background mic second, instruments are in the back of the mix, crowd noise even further back. No separation of instruments, just has almost a mono soundstage where they are all mushed together in the background. I've got it cranked on my system and the very last thing I feel is "like I'm at the show"

Compared to the live sets of Bonnaroo, Sleep, Amazonian Lights, etc this is just tragic.

I mean these are my first impressions on to disc 2, but the source sounds like a tape recording or FM broadcast. The setlist and performance are great, the vinyl is quiet. But the source just sounds weak- Jack's vocals are up front, with Lillie Mae's background mic second, instruments are in the back of the mix, crowd noise even further back. No separation of instruments, just has almost a mono soundstage where they are all mushed together in the background. I've got it cranked on my system and the very last thing I feel is "like I'm at the show"

Compared to the live sets of Bonnaroo, Sleep, Amazonian Lights, etc this is just tragic.
Ugh, this sounds disappointing

Oh no... this is my first Vault purchase and I was stoked for this.

Is the crowd barely audible? If that’s the case than could this be sourced from the soundboard?

Ugh, that sucks. I remember having a similar reaction to the Raconteurs live set last year. Was really hoping they did this one better.

Unpopular opinion: these vault sets would be better if they were ad hoc instead of quarterly. Too much filler with a lot of these live shows. Feels like VMP sometimes where they pick an album because they’ve got to fill a month.

I know we're in a pile-on mood, but I just got mine and gave it a quick spin. Sound quality is honestly better than I anticipated. Pretty much like the Raconteurs live vault, which I think is fine. Will reserve judgement on the pressing in general for when I have a chance to properly listen, but didn't notice any particular noise during the quick spins.

Ugh, this pressing is a mess. The mix isn't great but whatever... My pressing is hot garbage though, riddled with pops and noise. End of side fuzz, random loud snaps, repetitive crackle, you name it... Exactly what you'd expect from United. What do TMR do about replacements? Do they expect discs returned?

Ugh, this pressing is a mess. The mix isn't great but whatever... My pressing is hot garbage though, riddled with pops and noise. End of side fuzz, random loud snaps, repetitive crackle, you name it... Exactly what you'd expect from United. What do TMR do about replacements? Do they expect discs returned?
In my experience they let me keep the affected discs but require video proof. They then ship out new discs (only) in the poly inners.

I've only had a record replaced once, years ago, but they didn't ask for the offending one back.

THEY HATED JESUS BECAUSE HE TOLD THE TRUTH

Back