Third Man Records Vault

How are the packages for white stripes and de Stijl xx? Worth hunting down and owning ?
They’re cool to have but they are only what they were meant to be: accompaniments to the albums. The photo books are cool and the b-side/demo discs are interesting, but (at least so far) the live LPs are kind of redundant to the Live in Detroit box - if you’re mainly interested in the live stuff I’d go with that package instead.

I definitely agree with @Turbo that integrating a sleeve for the original LP would have been a big improvement. These materials are meant to be consumed alongside the albums (and the podcast really).

A little bit of both:) I see there’s a dvd that I could care less about in one of them

What @Space Wanderer said.

Same here regarding extra DVD's and CD's (I think the first has a CD and the other a DVD).

I like the live records the most in each. That's what I go back to. The extras are interesting but listening to them doesn't quite feel like listening to an album. Love the photo booklets and the packaging for both.

I'll put some photos together later today and I'll share them here.

Back