Third Man Records Vault

Yah. I’d be in at $100. Gonna hold off for now anyway.

Well, the deciding factor was it looks like the normal editions appear to include the artist bio booklets as well. Also, i like the b/w covers...gives off a very Numero vibe.

I had $50 in amazon points so i just went that route.

God damn. Literally 2x the price for the extras. I just dont know if thats worth it
Agreed. Although I will say that this is more along the lines of what I was expecting from VMP Anthology, these extras certainly add to the experience.

I'm leaning towards picking up the standard versions. Anyone else planning to pick this one up?

Yeah.... not planning on dropping $120 on some reproduction "ephemera" today. I'll keep an eye on the standard issue for this one.

Ok Im super hyped for this, dont get me wrong but......

I may be reading this wrong, but it doesnt actually contain a copy of the Self-Titled album does it?

I can see theres 2 lps, the outtakes and the live recordings (which will be fantastic), but would it really have cost them that much extra to perhaps drop the DVD and actually include the album - like the Icky Thump X box?

Ok Im super hyped for this, dont get me wrong but......

I may be reading this wrong, but it doesnt actually contain a copy of the Self-Titled album does it?

I can see theres 2 lps, the outtakes and the live recordings (which will be fantastic), but would it really have cost them that much extra to perhaps drop the DVD and actually include the album - like the Icky Thump X box?

Yeah, that's how I read it too. No copy of the actual album, just the outtakes and live LPs + live DVD.

On the one hand, yeah it'd be nice. On the other hand, I don't have to sell the copy I already own now so yay?

Yeah, that's how I read it too. No copy of the actual album, just the outtakes and live LPs + live DVD.

On the one hand, yeah it'd be nice. On the other hand, I don't have to sell the copy I already own now so yay?

True, but I cant help feeling like they were 'this close' to making a perfect anniversary edition. Im still really excited about it (I was actually going to cancel my subscription until they announced this) but it seems weird to not include a copy of the record you are celebrating within the package. It would have been good if they had included just a memory stick of the album as FLAC files or something.

Yeah it def says "an accompaniment to the self titled album"

Idk. If there was no better sound quality available, people would be pissed that this Vault was "selling the current widely available release with a bunch of demos for $60). I guess by doubling up the live stuff and making the packaging better, they are putting the focus on the unearthed collector material. They are also probably banking on the target customer already owning a copy of the s/t and if they can't do better then pointless to include another copy.

Just spitballing.

Yeah it def says "an accompaniment to the self titled album"

Idk. If there was no better sound quality available, people would be pissed that this Vault was "selling the current widely available release with a bunch of demos for $60). I guess by doubling up the live stuff and making the packaging better, they are putting the focus on the unearthed collector material. They are also probably banking on the target customer already owning a copy of the s/t and if they can't do better then pointless to include another copy.

Just spitballing.

Icky Thump is the only studio album that we've gotten in the long history of the vault at this point. And hell, they gave it to me twice(however one copy is Mono).

My guess is they are planning to do the TMP reissue of the self titled album by the end of the year. This is entirely a guess on my part, but I have a red copy that they had available at the TMP opening and it is fantastic.

Yeah, this is a huge letdown. Great for the diehard fans, but I really don't need (or will play) a bunch of live tracks and outtakes. The White Stripes are two people, so I can't imagine there's going to be a bunch to uncover here, and on their debut no less.

Wait you can actually subscribe for this at any time during the quarter? Did it used to be you only had a month to sub?

Looks super hot but was hoping for a pressing of the original album as well. Sigh. Perhaps I should just stop waiting to pick up the studio albums.

Wait you can actually subscribe for this at any time during the quarter? Did it used to be you only had a month to sub?
This is for quarter 4. They're just releasing the info on it really early. Not sure if they're planning to do this going forward but this won't arrive until December or January probably if I understand correctly.

Back