The Waxhole: Speakeasy & Whisk(e)y Lounge

Sorry about the shit January.

Love the Teeling Single Grain. Have never been able to find the Stout Cask around here!

To be fair it’s nothing exceptional, it’s the same shit show that the rest of the world has been going through! The endless lockdown cycle is wearing!

Yeah the single grain is new to me, I’ve had the single batch before, and came highly recommmeded and as I’ve rambled on about ad nauseam the stout cask is a favourite. It is a bit limited so it’s generally only seasonally available here so I imagine that for you that makes finding it more difficult!

Last edited:
To be fair it’s nothing exceptional, it’s the same shit show that the rest of the world has been going through! The endless lockdown cycle is wearing!

Yeah the single grain is new to me, I’ve had the single batch before, and came highly recommmeded and as I’ve rambled on about ad nauseam the stout cask is a favourite. It is a bit limited so it’s generally only seasonally available here so I imagine that for you that makes finding it more difficult!
I've had Single Malt and Single Grain and enjoyed both of them, though I can't recall which, if either, I preferred. They are distinct, though.

I'll keep an eye out for the Stout Cask.

No time like the present to work on acquiring the taste.
I started drinking it as I was approaching 40, thinking that’s what people in their 40’s drink. Now I’m 50 and loving it!
Oh, I've tried many, I just tend to find them a bit too...cloying? I like Four Roses and Eagle Rare. But I tend to gravitate toward ryes, scotches, Japanese and Irish when given the choice.

I'd be curious to quantify exactly why it is I feel that way.

Oh, I've tried many, I just tend to find them a bit too...cloying? I like Four Roses and Eagle Rare. But I tend to gravitate toward ryes, scotches, Japanese and Irish when given the choice.

I'd be curious to quantify exactly why it is I feel that way.
I like all of those as well, but I don't love Irish. It's just... I dunno, thin? I'm not sure how to describe it. Bourbon can be on the sweeter side, I get that. I'm a sucker for butterscotch-y notes in whiskey. So if you'll stick to Scotch and rye I can live sufficiently vicariously through you 😘😂

I like all of those as well, but I don't love Irish. It's just... I dunno, thin? I'm not sure how to describe it. Bourbon can be on the sweeter side, I get that. I'm a sucker for butterscotch-y notes in whiskey. So if you'll stick to Scotch and rye I can live sufficiently vicariously through you 😘😂
Yeah, I definitely prefer rye to bourbon but love them both. Scotch I could just never get in to - too smoky for me!

Back