The Waxhole: Speakeasy & Whisk(e)y Lounge

Prices make a big difference. Have you tried Eagle Rare? Great at $30-35. Angels Envy is really good too but that’s up around $50. If your local has some limited store specific releases those always fun to try. Also like Four Roses - small batch is really good at $35ish and their single barrel is even smoother at around $45.
These are my basically my favorite buys as well. I somehow can't find Buffalo Trace anymore but the Eagle Rare is plentiful. I think Four Roses Single Barrel is easily my best value buy at $45, but I'm a big fan of spicy, rye-forward bourbons.

Prices make a big difference. Have you tried Eagle Rare? Great at $30-35. Angels Envy is really good too but that’s up around $50. If your local has some limited store specific releases those always fun to try. Also like Four Roses - small batch is really good at $35ish and their single barrel is even smoother at around $45.
I’ll second Eagle Rare and Angels Envy! I did a tour of the AE distillery a few years ago and really loved it - their bourbon and rye are two of my favorites.

These are my basically my favorite buys as well. I somehow can't find Buffalo Trace anymore but the Eagle Rare is plentiful. I think Four Roses Single Barrel is easily my best value buy at $45, but I'm a big fan of spicy, rye-forward bourbons.
Funny here in Michigan there is plenty of BT but no ER! Also like that 4R single rye forward - makes an excellent Manhattan.

My favorite tour by far was Makers. Very cool all around and their history is pretty awesome. Makers 46 is also one of my favorites.
We didn’t make it to Makers but that’s on my list for my next bourbon tasting trip. AE, Buffalo Trace, and Woodford were all great tours. Wild Turkey was also fun, loved the building plus we met Jimmy Russell and he signed some bottles for us.

I drove through the bourbon trail on a road trip with my wife who doesn't drink while we were still dating. I was able to talk my way into a BT tour because they have a night time ghost tour. It was fun!

yep

I’ve ended up just diving into ryes instead. I like ‘em.

It’s 2.30am here on glass 2 of the stout cask towards the end of side A of In Rainbows.

Life is shit under neverending lockdown but good whiskey and beautiful music helps!

View attachment 87976
I feel you, Joe. It’s pretty nice though that as strangers on the internet we can all gather here and help each other through this crazy thing called life (™️ Prince)

I feel you, Joe. It’s pretty nice though that as strangers on the internet we can all gather here and help each other through this crazy thing called life (™️ Prince)

Oh completely, the kindness, and more importantly patience, of the few people I’m allowed to contact with in real life and all you all on here is all thats keeping me on a somewhat even keel!

I just want to say that I hate the title of this thread because it reminds me of the fact that I wax vaginas and buttholes for money.
Hahaha, I wish this wasn't what I think of. Alas.
I had a whiskey distilled from an IPA and found it undrinkable on it's own but loved it in a boulevardier
I have one I haven't known what to do with (because ew), thanks for the suggestion!
View attachment 87516
First taste of this Old Forester Single Barrel (for K&L Wines in San Francisco) I like it!
I love that glass 😍

Back