The Taproom (aka Anything and Everything Beer)

20190524_203629.jpg20190524_203916.jpg20190524_204123.jpg
Junkyard Brewing - Worf Rider

The brewery is in northern Minnesota. They crank out really great IPAs, such as this one, sours and some stouts. This one is gushing with juicy, dank hop flavor. Amazing what IPAs have evolved into within the past few years. I still love a good west coast ipa, but they can't approach what this is bringing. If you live in the Twin Cities, you need to check this brewery out.

does anyone here have separate beer fridges? I guess if you have a basement or garage fridge you could keep one. But I have an apartment and only one smaller than average fridge in my kitchen. So after this trip quoted above, like half of my fridge is filled with beer and it's getting annoying with normal food and stuff in it. I'm not about to drink 4 dozen beers really quickly so it's going to be an issue until most of them are gone. I have a large closet where I could probably fit one, but idk how ridiculous that idea is. Anyone have thoughts?

Yup, got 2. One temperature controlled for fermentation, the other for corny kegs. I have a cellar as well, so British style ales are just kept down there and are the right temperature

Little beer story as I wrapped up from my Sunday work shift.

Up until my early 30s I pretty much only drank lagers. Strong, imported, flavourless lagers like Stella Artois and others which were and remain extremely popular here in the UK. We visited the U.S. for my sister's wedding (a lovely event in Lake Tahoe). While there we also visited San Francisco and when I ordered my first beer I was met by an array of taps and logos for beers that I barely recognised. There was Bud and Miller of course and tbh that's largely what the UK considered to be America's input to the beer world at that time. There was also oddly enough, Newcastle Brown Ale which struck me as one of the oddest of our beers to cross the Atlantic but I didn't really fancy one of those. So, to cut a long story short (too late), I ordered a New Belgium Fat Tire. Well, it was like a flavour explosion happened in my mouth. I'd never come across something with such a hop kick. Something so refreshing but bitter at the same time. I was instantly hooked on trying every American beer I could get my hands on. Over the years I've discovered so many more beers that are better for various reasons than that first Fat Tire but, for changing the way I look at beer and particularly American beer, Fat Tire, I salute you. Does that beer still exist over there? It never made it to the import shelves over here but would 100% try one again if it did.
A lot of my wife’s family lives in Ft Collins, CO - it’s the Napa Valley of beer. Definitely recommend looking into the other breweries there, as well. O’Dells has great beer and touring the facility, we learned that they source everything (not just ingredients but also materials for sidewalks, the roof, etc) as locally and environmentally sustainable as possible, and every worker there - brewer to bartender to janitor - gets to have input and ideas for recipes.

does anyone here have separate beer fridges? I guess if you have a basement or garage fridge you could keep one. But I have an apartment and only one smaller than average fridge in my kitchen. So after this trip quoted above, like half of my fridge is filled with beer and it's getting annoying with normal food and stuff in it. I'm not about to drink 4 dozen beers really quickly so it's going to be an issue until most of them are gone. I have a large closet where I could probably fit one, but idk how ridiculous that idea is. Anyone have thoughts?
I've always been in apartments. Back when I was homebrewing, I built a kegerator for 2 corny kegs out of a chest freezer and it doubled as a beer fridge. I cut back on the homebrewing and the fridge had a coolant leak just as I was moving so I just trashed it. If I were to grab a second fridge now it'd just be a mini fridge or a standalone wine fridge.

I also think it's overstated how absolutely necessary it is for beer to be stored cold. It's definitely preferred, especially for those VT IPAs you probably got, but they should also be fine if you store them in a cool dark place before you stick them in the fridge to drink.

I've always been in apartments. Back when I was homebrewing, I built a kegerator for 2 corny kegs out of a chest freezer and it doubled as a beer fridge. I cut back on the homebrewing and the fridge had a coolant leak just as I was moving so I just trashed it. If I were to grab a second fridge now it'd just be a mini fridge or a standalone wine fridge.

I also think it's overstated how absolutely necessary it is for beer to be stored cold. It's definitely preferred, especially for those VT IPAs you probably got, but they should also be fine if you store them in a cool dark place before you stick them in the fridge to drink.
Your last part, yeah. I had some beer I was keeping for a beer trade outside of my fridge for like 2 months but it never materialized. So I just stuck them back in the fridge and drank them. They were fine, and I didn’t detect any noticeable differences in taste.

24 hours later 😎

AD8D4E0A-62DF-4158-9983-E7926F308BB7.jpeg
17812B37-2D59-4F3A-A5B2-EF0702836629.jpeg

Now I have more space for more beer 🍻

Yes. A separate beer fridge is a must if your main ice box is small. I go to estate sales and bar closures where I buy gear for cheap. Got this guy from a bar selling a bunch of their old (yet still running) appliances when they were moving to another location.

IMG_20181214_223551.jpg

I don't even like MGD that much but whatever. In 2 hours it's cold enough to drink.

VICTORY!
I think I can get behind Fernandez. 30 minutes off the bench and 1 start turn into 3 goals, I like it!
Second half, as usual, got a bit hectic for us.
It was definitely an exciting game. A couple of posts go the opposite way it's a different result. But the Timbers took advantage of their chances and got 3 on the road.

It was definitely an exciting game. A couple of posts go the opposite way it's a different result. But the Timbers took advantage of their chances and got 3 on the road.
This 15 game road trip has been brutal. We get our FIRST home game of the season next week. It's a pretty insane way to start a season, but 11 of the next 12 at home should help a bit.

Back