The Taproom (aka Anything and Everything Beer)

So in almost 12h I'll be arriving in Brussels. I'll probably drink a Cantillon or two and other fabulous Belgian beers :love::love::love:
Are you going to the brewery?? I can't even imagine what it would be like to drink Belgian beers in Belgium. The views should be stupendous, the beers tremens(dous). Please share any pics

Are you going to the brewery?? I can't even imagine what it would be like to drink Belgian beers in Belgium. The views should be stupendous, the beers tremens(dous). Please share any pics

I won't this time but I already went there a few times. Every two years they do what they call the Quintessence and it's an amazing experience. I've friends who owns a nice brewery in Brussels and they are friends with Jean Von Roy. Actually my best food experience was spent with Jean Von Roy and the heads of En Stoemelings (my friends) and Brasserie de la Senne. A Chef in Brussels invited a Galician beef "producer" to his restaurant for a private night. There were beers from these three houses, wines from the Chef's cave and some of the best pieces of meat I've ever ate. We spent the night drinking, eating and singing. It was an incredible experience.

Last edited:
Hill Farmstead -> Lawson’s -> Prohibition Pig -> Fiddlehead (at ArtsRiot Truck Stop) -> Foam Brewers

does anyone here have separate beer fridges? I guess if you have a basement or garage fridge you could keep one. But I have an apartment and only one smaller than average fridge in my kitchen. So after this trip quoted above, like half of my fridge is filled with beer and it's getting annoying with normal food and stuff in it. I'm not about to drink 4 dozen beers really quickly so it's going to be an issue until most of them are gone. I have a large closet where I could probably fit one, but idk how ridiculous that idea is. Anyone have thoughts?

does anyone here have separate beer fridges?

My house came with a second fridge in the unfinished portion of the basement. I quickly claimed it as the beer fridge and made sure there was no room for food (I have a stupid amount of beer in there). My wife has been fairly understanding... she's got the whole freezer, after all?

Now drinking: Mystic Brewery, Orange Dinosaur double IPA. Super hoppy and citrussy, which hides the 8.5% really well. 2389

My house came with a second fridge in the unfinished portion of the basement. I quickly claimed it as the beer fridge and made sure there was no room for food (I have a stupid amount of beer in there). My wife has been fairly understanding... she's got the whole freezer, after all?

Now drinking: Mystic Brewery, Orange Dinosaur double IPA. Super hoppy and citrussy, which hides the 8.5% really well. View attachment 2389
I’m looking at a super basic one for $150 from Lowe’s. Like less than a yard tall but it’ll hold 40-50 cans which will be just fine for my situation.

I didn’t post a full haul from last weekend but this is a variety of Lawson’s Double Sunshine.

80148C68-9793-4207-B1F8-6AED39E74186.jpeg

If you didn’t tell me it was grapefruit I wouldn’t have thought it was a special grapefruit beer. It doesn’t come right out and scream grapefruit flavor. I can definitely taste it, but it takes a little bit of a backseat here. Super juicy and a little bit more grainy tasting than their Sip of Sunshine stable beer. 8.5/10 easily. I also bought a pack of the regular Double Sunshine and it’s less good, I really like my IPA’s to have grapefruit in them while still being able to taste the beer, this one does it.

does anyone here have separate beer fridges? I guess if you have a basement or garage fridge you could keep one. But I have an apartment and only one smaller than average fridge in my kitchen. So after this trip quoted above, like half of my fridge is filled with beer and it's getting annoying with normal food and stuff in it. I'm not about to drink 4 dozen beers really quickly so it's going to be an issue until most of them are gone. I have a large closet where I could probably fit one, but idk how ridiculous that idea is. Anyone have thoughts?

I would like to get a beer fridge as well, potentially in the garage. I wouldn’t want to get anything too expensive but I agree that it gets annoying to have beer that I am saving taking up so much space in our kitchen fridge.

Back