The Taproom (aka Anything and Everything Beer)

Homebrewed this back in late 2013, bottled March 2014. It was supposed to be a clone of Roquefort 8, which is a Belgian dark strong ale. It ended up being about 2% stronger than intended, and definitely fermented way too hot to start, which gave it some fusel alcohol notes that only time can heal. I bust one out every year or so, and this one is drinking pretty well. Very low carbonation remains, which is fine, and a little oxidation is taking over, which is a good thing. Its got that boozy, brown sugar and raisins thing going on. Not too far off from a big english barleywine. I think I have another 8 bottles so, it'll be interesting to see what it drinks like in 10 years. 20200517_213438.jpg

With what I'm planning for this weekend, I will have brewed 15 gallons of beer in the last month. I've got 10 gallons of dry show mead to bottle, some of which I am going to try dry-hopping with. It's silly, because I drink 2-4 beers a week.
how long have you been doing this?

well good gosh, that's rad.

when purchasing over brewing, what's your favorite style?
Lol. My dad got into brewing as a tween. He made beers, but couldn’t drink them, so my Grandfather took on the position of taster-in-chief. Had home brew setups in the closet of his college dorms. 😂

Beer-wise, I tend to favor ales over lagers, darker beers over lighter beers, although I’ve enjoyed gose’s and Berliner weisse’s as summer dranks for a long time. That said, I’ll almost never choose a modern IPA when left to my own devices.

Hot take incoming: IPAs are the toxic masculinity of beer. Most of them are fucking vulgar.

0B519EB9-0D91-4124-AFB8-3B3779AA1948.jpeg
This is pretty good but it’s missing some punch. A little too much like a Pilsner or a wheat beer for me.
Maybe it’ll open up a bit more when it’s not as cold.

Edit: definitely a bit more body with some time to breath and get a little warmer.

Last edited:
View attachment 49451
This is pretty good but it’s missing some punch. A little too much like a Pilsner or a wheat beer for me.
Maybe it’ll open up a bit more when it’s not as cold.

Edit: definitely a bit more body with some time to breath and get a little warmer.
Hands down my favorite beer in the city! It's interesting you described those flavor profiles as the previous releases had been much fuller... Not sure when you got this but this really surprises me

Back