The Taproom (aka Anything and Everything Beer)

Brewdog are a sack of arseholes. Won’t touch their beer on principle. Two to try (in the UK at least) are Adnams Ghost Ship 0.5% and anything by Big Drop (especially the 0.5% stout)
My opinions on them aren't that strong, but I don't buy into the hype.

I'll give Ghost Ship 0.5% a go and will check out Big Drop, but not a stout drinker.

Yeah, it recently came out that the whole Punk AF thing was pitched by an agency that BrewDog didn't end up hiring, but had their whole thing stolen anyway. Then other stories of people doing multiple interviews for marketing positions required to come up with campaigns, which were then used, while the applicants were ghosted. In one case a woman claims she was asked to fly out somewhere last-minute for an interview, told she'd be reimbursed, and then ghosted. So fuck 'em.

Yeah, it recently came out that the whole Punk AF thing was pitched by an agency that BrewDog didn't end up hiring, but had their whole thing stolen anyway. Then other stories of people doing multiple interviews for marketing positions required to come up with campaigns, which were then used, while the applicants were ghosted. In one case a woman claims she was asked to fly out somewhere last-minute for an interview, told she'd be reimbursed, and then ghosted. So fuck 'em.
Hadn't heard any of that stuff specifically, but had maybe heard bits and pieces previously. Shady AF.

I've always found the Beer for Punks stuff pretty laughable, but they have a fair old fan boy following in this part of the world, and despite refusing to set foot in it for months after it opened I actually find it a pleasant place for a quiet pint on its own terms.

Who'd have thought that hipster start up companies may not be as cuddly as they'd like everyone to think?

Hadn't heard any of that stuff specifically, but had maybe heard bits and pieces previously. Shady AF.

I've always found the Beer for Punks stuff pretty laughable, but they have a fair old fan boy following in this part of the world, and despite refusing to set foot in it for months after it opened I actually find it a pleasant place for a quiet pint on its own terms.

Who'd have thought that hipster start up companies may not be as cuddly as they'd like everyone to think?
Agreed! I was in Glasgow last fall and a friend took me to one of their locations and I really liked it and their beer, too.

Off to a new collab tapping at one of my favorite local brewpubs!
Corridor Brewery and Phase Three releasing Set Phazers to Stun! DDH IPA with a smooth mouthfeel that leads to a hazy lovers dream of passion fruit, mango, candied orange, and coconut. Here's hoping it lives up to the hype!

I can't wait for this weekend! A few friends and I will be heading to Three Floyds for Dark Lord Day! Never really been to a release this big before. Even the ones we do at TG aren't THIS big scale wise. Pretty interested to see how they run things, but more importantly ready to have some fun with good people, drink some good beer, and listen to some awesome metal! Should be a good time.

I've been really wanting to go out to TG. Wife doesn't want to sit in the car from Chicago to Decorah though.......

Off to a new collab tapping at one of my favorite local brewpubs!
Corridor Brewery and Phase Three releasing Set Phazers to Stun! DDH IPA with a smooth mouthfeel that leads to a hazy lovers dream of passion fruit, mango, candied orange, and coconut. Here's hoping it lives up to the hype!

So we usually walk to Corridor. I'd imagine that we have passed each other somewhere before. I want to swing by Bitter Pops and grab some of that new hop butcher Halogen Farm.

So we usually walk to Corridor. I'd imagine that we have passed each other somewhere before. I want to swing by Bitter Pops and grab some of that new hop butcher Halogen Farm.
No doubt! I lived in Roscoe a few years back. Now I take the train to BP and Corridor, but not too far from there still. Probably will swing by BP this weekend, either to work on some blogs in the tasting room or just to get some new goodies for home.

No doubt! I lived in Roscoe a few years back. Now I take the train to BP and Corridor, but not too far from there still. Probably will swing by BP this weekend, either to work on some blogs in the tasting room or just to get some new goodies for home.
Nice we might go do the Koval tour on Saturday.

I've been really wanting to go out to TG. Wife doesn't want to sit in the car from Chicago to Decorah though.......
Understandable. Well, if you guys are ever in town, let me know! I'll gladly give you guys a tour of the place.

Other Half just opened a second location in Rochester and if you like "juicy" IPAs we're beyond spoiled.

Rochester, NY? I grew up in Pittsford, but haven’t been back in a decade or more. Have mostly been in Oregon since ‘92. The west coast IPA used to be king (and was practically invented) out here, though New England hazies are all the rage at the moment. I also get back to Vermont every summer to visit my wife’s mom - and I do love Treehouse in Monson, MA and Hill Farmstead in VT. That said, Fort George, Breakside, Block 15, Great Notion, Pfriem and Ruse - all Oregon breweries - make some of the best hazy IPAs I’ve had, though few of any are distributed outside of the PNW.

I’m also on untapped, same @ I think.

Last edited:
Rochester, NY? I grew up in Pittsford, but haven’t been back in a decade or more. Have mostly been in Oregon since ‘92. The west coast IPA used to be king (and was practically invented) out here, though New England hazies are all the rage at the moment. I also get back to Vermont every summer to visit my wife’s mom - and I do love Treehouse in Monson, MA and Hill Farmstead in VT. That said, Fort George, Breakside, Block 15, Great Notion, Pfriem and Ruse - all Oregon breweries - make some of the best hazy IPAs I’ve had, though few of any are distributed outside of the PNW.

I’m also on untapped, same @ I think.
Yup. It's actually a bit out of town near Canandaigua though.

Back