The Taproom (aka Anything and Everything Beer)

A new brewery near me is on a soft opening before their official opening this weekend. I sampled three and had another at a local bar recently. They were all pretty good, but the IPAs could probably use a little dialing in. I had:

Hallertau Pils. A German style pils that was more bitter than usual, which is how I like it.

Twiki Tweaks. A 5.2% session oat IPA dry hopped with Citra and Simcoe. These are normally all the things I like, but it was just ok.

Gucci Track Suit. An adjunct stout with roasted cocoa nibs and bourbon vanilla beans. At only 6.7% it's nice to have a flavorful stout without having to be a barrel aged booze bomb.

(Not Pictured) My Machine Don't Download. I had a crowler of this from a bar about a week ago. Hazy IPA with oats and Denali hops. Mouthfeel was a little too thin for my liking.

IMG_20200201_182353.jpg
IMG_20200201_184314.jpg
IMG_20200201_190123.jpg

Does anyone have a good way to keep track of breweries visited? The app I used, HopPlotter, is shutting down in March.

Local Chicago brewer, Off Color, does some great stuff. I'm a big fan of Apex Predator. This one is REAL good.

Off Color
Jerk Bird
Belgian Style Gold

Attachments

• 20200221_210636.jpg
    20200221_210636.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 0
Back