The Taproom (aka Anything and Everything Beer)

Up north for various family functions. Have made my way through these four so far and it’s still only 3.20pm. I’ve also noticed I’ve started to have an uncanny similarity to Jack Torrance when viewed through pub mirrors.

View attachment 6893

View attachment 6894
Tiny Rebel are one of my favourites (though, I’m biased as a Welshman..)

Shorts brewery Bourbon evil urges.

Shorts brewery doesn't usually disappoint so when I saw this at banter I had to pick it up, especially since it was a pub only release.

It's a heavy beer but surprisingly smooth. Doesn't have an overbearing bourbon flavor profile but it's definitely makes it's presence.

aviary-image-1560814049984.jpeg

Loving that @Alexander is into LHG beers - I've been mates with the guys for many a years, and even did my initial BJCP Training with Rich the Head Brewer when he was still at Rocket Science.

(The list of people who founded or hit the top of breweries who were on that course was insane - Michael Wiper from Wiper & True, Brett Ellis from Wild Beer, Swazi Pete from Brewhouse & Kitchen, Rich from LHG)

Loving that @Alexander is into LHG beers - I've been mates with the guys for many a years, and even did my initial BJCP Training with Rich the Head Brewer when he was still at Rocket Science.

(The list of people who founded or hit the top of breweries who were on that course was insane - Michael Wiper from Wiper & True, Brett Ellis from Wild Beer, Swazi Pete from Brewhouse & Kitchen, Rich from LHG)
Big fan of Wiper & True (Milkshake is delicious) as well as Wild Beer (they have some sort of millionaires shortbread stout which is decent)

Big fan of Wiper & True (Milkshake is delicious) as well as Wild Beer (they have some sort of millionaires shortbread stout which is decent)
W&P do Hardshake as well, which is an Imperial version of Milkshake - if you not visited their taproom in St Werbughs you should (if only to try their tank beer, Phantasmagoria).

Wild Beer do a Millionaire, and Gazillionaire in there range of milk stouts ...

Hit up a couple taprooms yesterday on a whim.

Maplewood:

result_1561155120003.jpg20190621_175331.jpg
Barrel Aged Morbidly Obese Pug, 14mo in Fat Pug whiskey barrels – freshly tapped. Chocolatey AF!
Up in the Aire, hazy pale ale brewed exclusively for the Hyatt rooftop bar downtown (and the brewery taproom). Pretty good!
Fizzle Drizzle Watermelon & Kiwi – like a watermelon cannonball to the face! So good.

Metropolitan:
result_1561161509598.jpg
Cold Hope, collab with Pelican for their new album! How could I not?

Hit up a couple taprooms yesterday on a whim.

Maplewood:
View attachment 8038View attachment 8039
Barrel Aged Morbidly Obese Pug, 14mo in Fat Pug whiskey barrels – freshly tapped. Chocolatey AF!
Up in the Aire, hazy pale ale brewed exclusively for the Hyatt rooftop bar downtown (and the brewery taproom). Pretty good!
Fizzle Drizzle Watermelon & Kiwi – like a watermelon cannonball to the face! So good.

Metropolitan:
View attachment 8040
Cold Hope, collab with Pelican for their new album! How could I not?
Maplewood is money. I haven't been to their taproom but I've really enjoyed several of the beers they've put out.

Maplewood is money. I haven't been to their taproom but I've really enjoyed several of the beers they've put out.
Agreed! Always been a fan of their standards, and they've been doing some unusual things in their taproom that I'd been wanting to check out for a while. The BA Morbidly tapping announce on Insta yesterday was finally too much to resist. Taproom is smaller than I expected, but it was packed around 5 yesterday. Really happy to see that!

Back