The Super Thread - All Things Marvel/DC/Etc

The audio in the movie also might be the best I've ever heard in terms of how hard hitting everything is. That car engine is bonkers.
This completely. It was so BIG sounding in the cinema. The rumble of the car scene rattled my bones.

I can't wait to rewatch it at home to do a comparison like @gaporter. Its going to be different but I still imagine it will be good.

On a side note, this is pretty cool:

IMG_8007.PNG

I will concede The Batman did feel longer at home than it did in the theater, but I think part of that can also be chalked to me having just seen it only a month prior as well. I still love it and on second watch, it definitely rivals the Burton films for my personal favorite live-action Batman movie.

The Batman was kinda boring, yeah? If it was a ten episode drama, I might've stopped watching at the third episode, but eventually returned for Dano.

In regards to Moon Knight, Marvel should either release their short seasons as movies or release all of the episodes at once. I feel as if they're doing a disservice to their stories by releasing episodes weekly.

I thought it LOOKED very good. Loved the design. Fight and chase scenes were rad as hell, especially the car chase. I thought the script was so bad that it bordered on camp and that it desperately needed an R rating because it came off like Disney doing Se7en. I think it either needed to lean into the noir camp it was pedaling or go full Se7en in the other direction. But it just kind of straddled this uncomfortable middle line where neither worked for me. I thought there was almost zero character development for anyone and considering the length that's kinda insane that they managed to stuff it with so many tentpole scenes that they didn't have any time to actually learn anything about any of the characters beyond just some real basic stuff to move the plot along. I didn't think it pulled off the tone it was trying to follow. The whole time i just kept thinking how the Dark Knight did this already but far more effectively. The plot was overly jumbled with way too many things unnecessarily going on behind the scenes. There's a whole lot of "how" and almost no "why". And that's a big problem for me with movies like this.
Not to say I thought it was BAD, I'd give it a B-. I just wonder what they could have done if they went full R and maybe took about 45 minutes off the run time.
Still have about 45 minutes left to finish it, but hard agree on this take. I personally was not needing another batman reboot and wish we'd get some fresh content for a change. But I went into this hopeful from the reviews, and with minimal hype as I had even avoided the trailers. I'm not one to usually dislike long movies, but it's felt a little stretched out unnecessarily mainly for the reasons @Mather outlined, in that it does so little character building and very little why, which is usually what pulls me in and makes them not seem too long. The sound is the highlight, visually I like most of what they did, Tuturro was great, Kravitz was great, but Dano and Patterson just aren't doing it for me. Maybe the last bit will pull me in, so I'll revisit. And I'll definitely need to watch again straight through before I really decide.

Still have about 45 minutes left to finish it, but hard agree on this take. I personally was not needing another batman reboot and wish we'd get some fresh content for a change. But I went into this hopeful from the reviews, and with minimal hype as I had even avoided the trailers. I'm not one to usually dislike long movies, but it's felt a little stretched out unnecessarily mainly for the reasons @Mather outlined, in that it does so little character building and very little why, which is usually what pulls me in and makes them not seem too long. The sound is the highlight, visually I like most of what they did, Tuturro was great, Kravitz was great, but Dano and Patterson just aren't doing it for me. Maybe the last bit will pull me in, so I'll revisit. And I'll definitely need to watch again straight through before I really decide.
If you're so far thinking along the same lines as me then I've got bad news about that last 45 minutes...

Last edited:
See…I think Dano was fantastic, especially towards the end

See…I think Dano was fantastic, especially towards the end

Yep. Definitely towards the end.

Still have about 45 minutes left to finish it, but hard agree on this take. I personally was not needing another batman reboot and wish we'd get some fresh content for a change.

Same. Give me The Question or Booster Gold.

The sound is the highlight, visually I like most of what they did, Tuturro was great, Kravitz was great, but Dano and Patterson just aren't doing it for me.

I didn't care for the score. Pattinson did nothing for me either. I probably won't revisit this one unless there's a direct sequel.

Back