The Roost - All things Animal Crossing: New Horizons for Nintendo Switch

Here's a rumored thing I've been trying out the last few days... If you wear the Dodo Airlines merch they give you, when using the Nook Miles ticket, you have a higher chance of getting a rare island. But maybe only once a day.

The last three days I've done this and had:

- A money rock island
- Bamboo island
- Hybrid flower island

My wife on the other hand hasn't found anything rare at all.

Here's a rumored thing I've been trying out the last few days... If you wear the Dodo Airlines merch they give you, when using the Nook Miles ticket, you have a higher chance of getting a rare island. But maybe only once a day.

The last three days I've done this and had:

- A money rock island
- Bamboo island
- Hybrid flower island

My wife on the other hand hasn't found anything rare at all.
Interesting...I haven't worn any Dodo merch and the past two nights when trying to go Tarantula farming, I have gotten the money rock island both times before coming upon an island where I can actually go Tarantula farming.

Interesting...I haven't worn any Dodo merch and the past two nights when trying to go Tarantula farming, I have gotten the money rock island both times before coming upon an island where I can actually go Tarantula farming.

I hate the money rock island! It’s rocks are worth around $16000... big deal. Now gimme that one island that had 4 gold nuggets on it again and I’ll be a happy man!

I hate the money rock island! It’s rocks are worth around $16000... big deal. Now gimme that one island that had 4 gold nuggets on it again and I’ll be a happy man!
I've gotten a lot of money island from money rock island! $16k per rock ain't too shabby!

I have weirdly gotten quite a lot of gold nuggets so far. Don't even know what to do with them yet!

I've gotten a lot of money island from money rock island! $16k per rock ain't too shabby!

I have weirdly gotten quite a lot of gold nuggets so far. Don't even know what to do with them yet!
I’ve gotten 2...they’re in my storage ;(

nah, $16k between all 5 rocks. Each rock has 3 $100 coins and 3 $1000 bags

You can get up to 8 things out of each rock ... When I went to the island with the money rocks, the bags of money were 1k, 2k, 4k, and 8k and then various coins. So I'd say that I got about 16k from each rock. Came home from the island with about 100k in my pocket although I don't really know how many I arrived with.

Last time I did it, at least one rock’s bags were $1k, $2k, $4k and then $8k for the last one. I believe this is the case for all though. You should be able to get 8 items from it if you hit it quickly enough and have a hole or other rock behind you to prevent you from bouncing back.

You can get up to 8 things out of each rock ... When I went to the island with the money rocks, the bags of money were 1k, 2k, 4k, and 8k and then various coins. So I'd say that I got about 16k from each rock. Came home from the island with about 100k in my pocket although I don't really know how many I arrived with.

Interesting! I’ll pay more attention next time!

Interesting! I’ll pay more attention next time!
Need to make sure you aren’t bouncing back. On money rock island luckily you don’t even have to dig many holes and depending on your positioning, you can just use the other rocks as a backstop to prevent you from bouncing back. I just mash the dig button with the shovel when I’m hitting the money rock.

my buddy told me about money rock island today but I haven't landed there yet. the last couple of nights I've landed on Bamboo island which I've never seen before, and tonight I landed on an island that was full of large waterbugs which each sold for $1,600 bells... had I known they went for that much I would have grabbed them and nothing else until my inventory was full.

my buddy told me about money rock island today but I haven't landed there yet. the last couple of nights I've landed on Bamboo island which I've never seen before, and tonight I landed on an island that was full of large waterbugs which each sold for $1,600 bells... had I known they went for that much I would have grabbed them and nothing else until my inventory was full.
Bamboo island is pretty primo for tarantula farming. I just went to a bamboo island and got 120,000 for the tarantulas I caught (they sell for 6,400 each). I’ve been getting tarantulas and water bugs the past few nights but bamboo island is great because there aren’t water bugs and you can catch just tarantulas.

My turnips were over 350 each this AM. Just managed to sell them in time before the price changed. It's kinda fun to play the Stalk Market...
I've spent around 1.4 mil on turnips last Sunday when they were 104.
They are currently 64 bells.
I'm so screwed.. 🤦‍♂️

Bamboo island is pretty primo for tarantula farming. I just went to a bamboo island and got 120,000 for the tarantulas I caught (they sell for 6,400 each). I’ve been getting tarantulas and water bugs the past few nights but bamboo island is great because there aren’t water bugs and you can catch just tarantulas.

They sell for 8,000 when the store is open, 6,400 is the price for the drop box after hours, it's worth it to hold them until the next day or if you don't need bells right away you can wait for Flick who pays 12,000 each. Flick and CJ both pay 1.5x for bugs and fish.

They sell for 8,000 when the store is open, 6,400 is the price for the drop box after hours, it's worth it to hold them until the next day or if you don't need bells right away you can wait for Flick who pays 12,000 each. Flick and CJ both pay 1.5x for bugs and fish.
Ooh I didn’t know that! Will wait next time.

Back