The Roost - All things Animal Crossing: New Horizons for Nintendo Switch

no idea if this is common knowledge in here or not, but i’ve used this tool the last two weeks to help know what day to sell:

you have to be kind of diligent in checking your daily prices, but even if you miss a time or two it can give you an idea of the range to expect.

i only got a 40 bell/turnip profit this week, as it was a ‘small spike’ week. hopefully next week is better.

And pardon the mess, I'm in the middle of some renovations!
Your island looks neat and well thought out! Mine's a mess of flowers gone wild.
Just added you via Switch. Doesn't seem like a Dodo code visit added you to my in-game friend list. Rude!

Your island looks neat and well thought out! Mine's a mess of flowers gone wild.
Just added you via Switch. Doesn't seem like a Dodo code visit added you to my in-game friend list. Rude!

Thanks! My island was super overrun with flowers, but I've been trying to clear them out, while also putting aside blocks of 10 of each so that I can redo all of the landscaping. The gas station was my last project, which I stole the idea for from some reddit post. And I added you back so we should be all set now.

My stalk market is completely tanking this week. I fear economic collapse on the island and I've been stockpiling food and weapons in anticipation of the looting.

Bought at 94 this week, prices have been 86, 78, 65, 32, 28, 22, and now 18. I hear torches being lit, hopefully things improve in the next 7 minutes.

My stalk market is completely tanking this week. I fear economic collapse on the island and I've been stockpiling food and weapons in anticipation of the looting.

Bought at 94 this week, prices have been 86, 78, 65, 32, 28, 22, and now 18. I hear torches being lit, hopefully things improve in the next 7 minutes.

yiiiikes, mine are 134 right now if you need to sell. Or I can check my storage and see if I have some riot gear for you to use to overthrow Tom Nook

Also, if anyone happens to get a cool villager in boxes tomorrow, please lmk because I have someone leaving and won't have much time to island hop tomorrow to look for someone new. Just not a smug villager since I already have 3 of those and don't plan to let any of them leave.

speaking of turnips, nooks cranny is getting upgraded today and i swear to pascal that if i miss out on the peak prices for turnip sales this week because of it i will be irrationally angry!

I'm also in the red on my turnips this week, but hoping for a recovery tomorrow/Saturday. Might hit y'all up if that doesn't pan out.

speaking of turnips, nooks cranny is getting upgraded today and i swear to pascal that if i miss out on the peak prices for turnip sales this week because of it i will be irrationally angry!

I know a lot of people who had a big spike the day that NC reopened after upgrading, so hopefully you get that!

Welp... I'm stuck in a decreasing week too! Trying to decide whether to sell today at 52, and just make up for it next week, or to try to find somewhere to go and sell them!

Also, if anyone happens to get a cool villager in boxes tomorrow, please lmk because I have someone leaving and won't have much time to island hop tomorrow to look for someone new. Just not a smug villager since I already have 3 of those and don't plan to let any of them leave.
Got Cleo in my campsite, and I'm not inviting her to stay. Lemme know if you want to pop over and invite her.

Got Cleo in my campsite, and I'm not inviting her to stay. Lemme know if you want to pop over and invite her.

Thanks! But I don't think we can invite villagers from other people's campsites, which is such a silly rule...about as silly as only having a day to find a new villager before Tom flips that lot

EDIT: Just went to my first NMT island, and Coco was there, who is #1 on my wantlist! So that ended up working out nicely.

Thanks! But I don't think we can invite villagers from other people's campsites, which is such a silly rule...about as silly as only having a day to find a new villager before Tom flips that lot

EDIT: Just went to my first NMT island, and Coco was there, who is #1 on my wantlist! So that ended up working out nicely.
Oh dang, you're right. And damn! Coco's on my dreamies list too!

Sherb is sending me on a hunt for a cicada shell, but I literally haven't seen a single one since I donated my first back in July. 😤

Oh dang, you're right. And damn! Coco's on my dreamies list too!

Sherb is sending me on a hunt for a cicada shell, but I literally haven't seen a single one since I donated my first back in July. 😤

I've seen maybe 3 since they've been available...you'd expect them to be a little more common since the cicadas are EVERYWHERE.

My wife and I have a weird glitch that started last night after the 1.4.2 update. One of our fishing ponds is now full of river fish (sweetfish, black bass). The other two ponds seem to be okay. Anyone else have this issue or just us?

What's the highest turnip prices you have all seen? My highest has been around 130 or 140. Never seen it higher. I always buy a ton and then try to see if it gets higher than that. So I sell some around that price and then wait it out and it always decreases so much that by today it's incredibly low.

haven’t been doing it for long, only a few weeks, but 142 is my highest (on a price of 106). been kinda disappointing so far.

this week turned out to be a fluctuating week and i think prices are rebounding today, so we’ll see if i get a higher price than 127 (on a price of 96) this afternoon- it’s at 96 right now.

Back