The Roost - All things Animal Crossing: New Horizons for Nintendo Switch

after a decreasing week for turnip prices last week, looks like i get a large spike this week, and if turnip prophet is to be believed it will happen this afternoon. awyiss. if it's true, i'll learn how to open the island in case people want to come and make it rain.

turnips are 425. code is D9FTR. please don’t share outside of here.

not sure how long i’ll be on, but if/when i do log out i’ll say so. i probably will play later, too.

i’ve logged out. i’ll probably play again around 8 central so if someone is looking to sell just say so here and i’ll do another code.

that’s awesome.

on another note, i really don’t enjoy crafting. i dislike that it’s become so prevalent a gameplay feature. zelda was awesome, too, but the crafting there, and in red dead, and so many others is just tedious and takes away some enjoyment of the games for me. and in animal crossing, not much is more frustrating for me than digging up a golden spot only to have my shovel break before i can bury some bells- no, i have to go and craft a new shovel first. and i just got the golden slingshot a few days ago so i thought i wouldn’t have to worry about that anymore, but noooo that breaks now, too.

ugh. i don’t like crafting.

that’s awesome.

on another note, i really don’t enjoy crafting. i dislike that it’s become so prevalent a gameplay feature. zelda was awesome, too, but the crafting there, and in red dead, and so many others is just tedious and takes away some enjoyment of the games for me. and in animal crossing, not much is more frustrating for me than digging up a golden spot only to have my shovel break before i can bury some bells- no, i have to go and craft a new shovel first. and i just got the golden slingshot a few days ago so i thought i wouldn’t have to worry about that anymore, but noooo that breaks now, too.

The tools are mostly all for sale at Nook's Cranny. I don't think I've crafted a new tool in months.

that’s awesome.

The tools are mostly all for sale at Nook's Cranny. I don't think I've crafted a new tool in months.

Yeah crafting is the worst, especially for tools, and like @Bohnjaggs I just buy them at Nook's now, with the exception of the golden watering can since that has unique benefits

Also as a side note for anyone interested, I got Stitches at my campsite today and snatched him up with a quickness, so Pekoe is in boxes if anyone wants her!

so are you guys carrying around extra tools then? because a lot of my time spent playing is after 10 when the shop is closed. and storing items at the house or going to nooks when it’s open kind of negates any convenience benefit of buying vs crafting. i basically put a simple diy bench in each island quadrant just so i have quick access to one.

so are you guys carrying around extra tools then? because a lot of my time spent playing is after 10 when the shop is closed. and storing items at the house or going to nooks when it’s open kind of negates any convenience benefit of buying vs crafting. i basically put a simple diy bench in each island quadrant just so i have quick access to one.

This probably makes me sound like a loser but I'm rarely awake after 10. 😂 I carry around some customization kits and I will occasionally customize the tools I might be using a lot because it resets the tool like it's brand new again.

If I need tools after 10 I'll either craft them, or decide that's enough Animal Crossing for the day and turn it off haha. But usually if I'm on at 10 it's because I'm looking for shooting stars and/or Celeste. I also have DIY benches scattered in random places, and it definitely makes things slightly less annoying

that’s awesome.

Ha, I am with you.
I took a long break from animal crossing (whoops, cockroaches), so if you're on and want to throw up a Dodo code whenever you're back on, I have no turnips but would love to be nosy.

So how hard is it supposed to be getting pine cones and acorns? I have only gotten like 3 of each and I shake all these trees like crazy every day.

So how hard is it supposed to be getting pine cones and acorns? I have only gotten like 3 of each and I shake all these trees like crazy every day.

First, you can shake each tree multiple times. I'm still only getting 1 pine cone a day on average, but I have gotten about 20+ acorns.

Does anybody have a DIY for one of thise big bookshelves? I'm tryin to make a cozy library in my house and have given up on finding it on my island.

I don't have an extra DIY, but I have it myself and can make you some shelves if you want to provide the bookz

What are the required materials?

5 books and 10 wood per bookshelf (so I guess I'll need the wood too, since that stuff ain't easy to come by)

(also I can just order books for anyone who wants shelves since they're only 270 bells each, but can only order 5 a day...or 4 if there's a KK Slider song that I still need. Or you can catalog one of my books if you don't have any, then order some.)

Last edited:
Back