The Return of the Challenge Thread - March 2020

DAY 23 – Stranger Things

spin an album with a song you would swap that theme song with... and still somehow make the show work.

Com Truise - Cyanide Sisters
D0AA4AB9-B26A-4D41-ABF1-A9942910FC0E.jpeg

Like Dixon & Stein’s band S U R V I V E, Com Truise rides the same vein of Dark/Sci-fi Synthwave. This type of music was a perfect match for Stranger Things retro sci-fi/horror vibe and while the current soundtrack is perfect, I am sure you could sub in much of Seth Haley’s work without losing much in transition.

DAY 24 – Those Were The Days

Play an album from an era you would love to visit for a day.
The Butthole Surfers - Locust Abortion Technician
F4417B78-5518-4C9E-B191-90BCEC16A501.jpeg

I think I would probably need to be in my late teens or early 20’s to really enjoy it but after reading the recounts of some of the Butthole Surfers utterly bonkers early live shows in the book, Our Band Could Be Your Life, I think I would enjoy reveling in the grotesquerie and perversion of it all.

DAY 23 – Stranger Things
Spin an album with a song you would swap that theme song with... and still somehow make the show work

507D8D3B-A3FB-4CD1-A54C-89B0F4443E07.jpeg

I don't know if there's previous "rules" about doubling up on an album during a month, but I really don't care because:

1. I wanted to hear this again

2. "Mockingbird Dream"

3. "Nightcrawler"

DAY 23 – Stranger Things
Spin an album with a song you would swap that theme song with... and still somehow make the show work

View attachment 37624

I don't know if there's previous "rules" about doubling up on an album during a month, but I really don't care because:

1. I wanted to hear this again

2. "Mockingbird Dream"

3. "Nightcrawler"

i only heard about this guy a couple weeks ago while at the record store when they were playing one of the reissues on their in-store setup. i asked about what they were playing, and they handed me the album sleeve and told me to take a peek. suffice it to say i don't think i'll be watching any of the movies he soundtracked any time soon, but the soundtrack music he created is pretty good!

DAY 22: Keep It Like A Secret

The Shaggs ‎– Philosophy Of The World
Light In The Attic ‎– LITA 151, 1969/2016

Limited to 500 on "Shag Carpet" 3-color swirl

Cut by John Golden at Golden Mastering
Pressed at RTI

3saGJw.jpg

J8C7Hz.jpg

DAY 23 – Stranger Things

We all love that theme song. Don't act like you don't.
But spin an album with a song you would swap that theme song with... and still somehow make the show work.

I have two. Maybe one for opening credits, and one as a recurring song throughout.
A National Anthem from Kid A would go nicely as a theme.
I also immediately thought of Veteran of the Psychic Wars by Blue Oyster Cult, as that goes with the era and the theme kind of works also. (I only have that BOC song on the Heavy Metal soundtrack.

20200324_121100.jpg20200325_121759.jpg

DAY 24 – Those Were The Days

Play an album from an era you would love to visit for a day.

Carole King - Tapestry

Well this topic happened to fall on the 20th anniversary of my mom's passing, so I will raise a glass and play one of her favorites. I'd love to be in the family room hanging out with her in the early 70s as she spun this, drank a glass of wine, and sang along.
🍻

20200325_122604.jpg

Back