The Return of the Challenge Thread - February 2020

Day 28 - That Was Fast
Spin a 7” or 45 RPM (heck, if you have a 78 and wanna go that route that’ll works too)

I do have a 78 that was included with my preorder of the Ann Arbor Blues Festival from Third Man Records.

Mississippi Fred McDowell* / Mississippi Fred McDowell* And Big Mama Thornton ‎– Ann Arbor Blues Festival 1969

In the runouts is etched "Never Had A 78" which is pretty neat.

IMG_20200228_175345.jpg

Day 28 - That Was Fast
Spin a 7” or 45 RPM (heck, if you have a 78 and wanna go that route that’ll works too)

I do have a 78 that was included with my preorder of the Ann Arbor Blues Festival from Third Man Records.

Mississippi Fred McDowell* / Mississippi Fred McDowell* And Big Mama Thornton ‎– Ann Arbor Blues Festival 1969

In the runouts is etched "Never Had A 78" which is pretty neat.

View attachment 34610
I have a RSD Beach Boys 78 of “Cabin Essence” that I have never listened to since none of my turntables players at 78 rpms

Day 28 - That Was Fast

Durand Jones and the Indications
A - You and Me
B - Put a Smile on Your Face

Nice timing, I just got this at their show on Wednesday.

20200228_204622.jpg

20200226_213451.jpg

Last edited:
Day 29 - Bonus!
Since it’s leap year and we get a bonus day, spin an album that includes bonus material
Sonic Youth - Goo [4xLP Deluxe Box]
3213BB22-4DC2-4A09-98DB-11F2CCBCA4B0.jpeg

I have only really dug into Sonic Youth as a band over the last couple years. I knew them as very “influential” on many of the 90s alternative acts that I love but I never spent much time with their music. I now understand all the hubbub. I have the 3 album boxes they have put out for Daydream Nation, Goo, and Dirty and you get quite a bang for your buck (these sets still go for around $30). I hope to now try to obtains some original pressings of EVOL, Sisters, and Bad Moon Rising.

Here’s one of the bonus cuts from from the Goo box; a cover of The Beach Boys’ Pets Sounds classic, “I Know There’s An Answer”...

Back