The Return of the Challenge Thread - February 2020

Day 29 - Bonus!
Since it’s leap year and we get a bonus day, spin an album that includes bonus material

Nathaniel Rateliff - In Memory of Loss

Fitting today, as we were at the funeral for my step brother earlier this afternoon. Tough day, but being around family helps. So does music.

I got this LP at the Ann Arbor Folk Fest earlier this month where he played a set with just he and his guitar. Nate was amazing that night, all while he was dealing with some heavy loss as well.

Anyway, this has bonus tracks.

Now, I think I'm going to get drunk.

Cheers to all of us, both here and gone.

20200229_183853.jpg20200229_185014.jpg

Day 29 - Bonus!
Since it’s leap year and we get a bonus day, spin an album that includes bonus material

Nathaniel Rateliff - In Memory of Loss

Fitting today, as we were at the funeral for my step brother earlier this afternoon. Tough day, but being around family helps. So does music.

I got this LP at the Ann Arbor Folk Fest earlier this month where he played a set with just he and his guitar. Nate was amazing that night, all while he was dealing with some heavy loss as well.

Anyway, this has bonus tracks.

Now, I think I'm going to get drunk.

Cheers to all of us, both here and gone.

View attachment 34759View attachment 34760
Sorry for your loss

right there with you.
Yeah this is the only one that got the deluxe treatment on vinyl, but man I need all of them
I am thinking about trying to pick up the 2007 (or there about) RTI 180HD represses of their discography. The matadors stuff from around that time is all super nice RTI pressings and lots of em are getting harder to find.

I am thinking about trying to pick up the 2007 (or there about) RTI 180HD represses of their discography. The matadors stuff from around that time is all super nice RTI pressings and lots of em are getting harder to find.
I have the 2010 standard weight United pressings...

Day 28 - That Was Fast
Spin a 7” or 45 RPM (heck, if you have a 78 and wanna go that route that’ll works too)

D03C8794-C720-462E-ADAA-631856C0A41F.jpeg
C77C9979-A1CC-475D-9550-5D53BD7C9C93.jpeg

The National "Mistaken for Strangers / Blank Slate"

Got this at a show, I haven't played it in ages! I went through a period where I was really into Soul Fire/Daptone/Jazzman 45's so instead of picking one of those I grabbed this!!!

Day 29 - Bonus!

6EB610DD-DABB-4914-A741-40CA028FEDB8.jpeg
6F1C6521-B8BA-4FF1-BABB-98A6E854E19A.jpeg

Jon Spencer Blues Explosion "Plastic Fang"

I don't think I kept the actual plastic fangs that came with this!

I figured I started I might as well finish!!! Shout out to everyone that posted records and @TenderLovingKiller® for setting this whole thing up, can't wait to try again in March!

Back