The Return of the Challenge Thread - February 2020

Day 15 - Love Stinks!

Fleetwood Mac ‎– Rumours (Warner Bros. Records, 1977 First Jacksonville Pressing)

Perhaps one of the most well known break-up albums? The McVies had just divorced and Buckingham/Nicks had an on/off relationship which resulted in constant arguments (I THOROUGHLY recommend this book for a crazy insight into the group - Storms: My Life with Lindsey Buckingham and Fleetwood Mac by Carol Ann Harris). I have 4 pressings of this album, this first Jacksonville press (which I think sounds the best), a first Winchester Pressing, First UK pressing, and a missprint. Superb stuff considering how high the tensions were at the time!

IMG_3417.JPG

Day 15 - Love Stinks!

Fleetwood Mac ‎– Rumours (Warner Bros. Records, 1977 First Jacksonville Pressing)

Perhaps one of the most well known break-up albums? The McVies had just divorced and Buckingham/Nicks had an on/off relationship which resulted in constant arguments (I THOROUGHLY recommend this book for a crazy insight into the group - Storms: My Life with Lindsey Buckingham and Fleetwood Mac by Carol Ann Harris). I have 4 pressings of this album, this first Jacksonville press (which I think sounds the best), a first Winchester Pressing, First UK pressing, and a missprint. Superb stuff considering how high the tensions were at the time!

View attachment 32986

Was thinking about this one. Was deciding whether to spin the 2x45 or an OP. Now I need to find something else.

Day 15 - Love Stinks

Alice Clark - S/T

This album is amazing but also exhausting due to its subject matter and Alice’s vocal emotion. It features uplifting tracks such as I Keep It Hid, Don’t You Care, and It Takes Too Long to Learn to Live Alone.

4D654A8D-971B-4F7C-9D3E-189CE9D15275.jpeg

Day 15 - Love Stinks!
Spin a heart-breaking/break up record

Reigning Sound - Shattered

I don't have RS's Break Up/Break Down on vinyl but really almost everything Greg Cartwright writes is a break up song. Someone hurt that dude bad. Or maybe nearly everyone has.

This is a fantastic album both musically and lyrically...highly recommended. And, Reigning Sound is coming to a little bar in Detroit in March! Wednesday work night be damned, I gotta go.

20200215_175429.jpg

Day 15: Love Stinks!

I have to say that this is another album that has grown on me. Now it's my favorite Beck album...followed by Morning Phase then Odelay.

Beck ‎– Sea Change
Geffen Records ‎– B0004372-01, 2002/2006

Pressed at United

7HalaL.jpg

1iYyJ5.jpg

Day 16 - Chin Up!

"I need to be myself
I can't be no one else
I'm feeling supersonic
Give me gin and tonic"

"In my mind my dreams are real
Now we're concerned about the way I feel