The Return of the Challenge Thread - February 2020

Day 13 - That’s A Nice Backside
Play an album with a great back cover

9C45713D-3956-478B-B34F-32AF3101701F.jpeg
ED4DFCD1-2F61-4794-88FE-E170C91CE469.jpeg

Ebony Rhythm Band “Soul Heart Transplant: The Lamp Sessions"

Love a good band pic on the back of a record! These cats are coming through with that biblical swagger! Shout out to our Lord and Savior for coming through for the pic as well! I also dig the front cover...oh and this shit SLAPS!

Day 14 - ❤Happy Valentines Day❤
Spin a Record for lovers

You didn't say they had to be lovers who were together.

The most crushingly beautiful record of songs dealing wit unrequited love ever created by mortal man.

Derek And The Dominos - Layla And Other Assorted Love Songs

A gem from a record full of 'em...

20200214_000105.jpg

Last edited:
Day 13: Backside

Prince and The Revolution - Parade - Music from the Motion Picture 'Under the Cherry Moon'

I picked this because the wraparound cover causes Prince's belly button to be perfectly centered on the spine and I chuckle to myself everytime I'm browsing and see it.

IMG_20200214_102824.jpg
IMG_20200214_102537.jpg

Day 14: ❤Happy Valentines Day❤

My wife's name being Michelle, I had planned to play that track anyway. Now we are off for some Valentine's Day pancakes and shopping at Target.

The Beatles ‎– Love Songs
Capitol Records ‎– SKBL-11711, 1977

Cut by Ken Perry
Pressed at Capitol, Winchester

eLjUMM.jpg

UR0al9.jpg

Day 13: Backside

Prince and The Revolution - Parade - Music from the Motion Picture 'Under the Cherry Moon'

I picked this because the wraparound cover causes Prince's belly button to be perfectly centered on the spine and I chuckle to myself everytime I'm browsing and see it.

View attachment 32833
View attachment 32834

what's with the weird jagged blur at the bottom of that spine photo?

Day 14: Valentine's Day

Boyz II Men - II

I learned everything I needed to know about romance at 7 years old when this album came out

View attachment 32837
Trust me, as amazing as this was when you were 7 it was way more rad to be a 12 year-old and slow dancing with a girl at a junior high dance while an adult DJ unironically played “I’ll make Love To You”

Trust me, as amazing as this was when you were 7 it was way more rad to be a 12 year-old and slow dancing with a girl at a junior high dance while an adult DJ unironically played “I’ll make Love To You”
I grew up in a suburb right outside of Philly. I'm pretty sure End of the Road was the last song of every school dance I attended through high school

Back