The Pro-Ject Pergola - Questions, Answers, Advice & Chat

I love my Debut Carbon especially with updates made to it. Sounds great!

Only thing is, the hinges seem to be crappin out on me...

Also, Updated info:

Table: Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (White w/ Pro-Ject Acrylic Platter)
Cartridge: Ortofon 2m Blue
Receiver: Sherwood RX-4109
Speakers: ELAC Debut Reference

Whats the issue with the hinges? Mine really badly needed lubrication with a bit of silicon spray. Fixed all the issues they were having.

Whats the issue with the hinges? Mine really badly needed lubrication with a bit of silicon spray. Fixed all the issues they were having.

Theres a known issue with project hinges because they are basically cheap bits of plastic with a metal rod though them. If, like me, you have it always closed or at 90 degrees they’re fine. If you’re one of these people who life’s to hover it at angle over the record they eventually fail and because they get so loose that the lid won’t hold and will crash down.

Does anyone here have or use the Pro-Ject Align-It tool for aligning new cartridges? If anyone else has a 2Xperience SB, what do you use for alignment?

Hey all - my Debut Carbon had a minor mishap today (due to my own carelessness/stupidity more than anything🤦‍♂️). I'll need to re-calibrate the counterweight, which isn't a problem, but I also think I might have messed up the little hook for the anti-skate weight. So, a couple observations/questions:

- The hook now touches the lid when I close it, which I don't think it did before. Can someone confirm that? About how close should it to the lid when closed?

- Also wondering if the angle of the hook is off, and if that will potentially impact playback? Here’s an overhead pic, sorry the lighting isn’t great. Does that look right?

Any input is welcome - thanks y’all.
C6168815-EC2C-42AD-BB7B-7DADE2760DE6.jpeg

Hey all - my Debut Carbon had a minor mishap today (due to my own carelessness/stupidity more than anything🤦‍♂️). I'll need to re-calibrate the counterweight, which isn't a problem, but I also think I might have messed up the little hook for the anti-skate weight. So, a couple observations/questions:

- The hook now touches the lid when I close it, which I don't think it did before. Can someone confirm that? About how close should it to the lid when closed?

- Also wondering if the angle of the hook is off, and if that will potentially impact playback? Here’s an overhead pic, sorry the lighting isn’t great. Does that look right?

Any input is welcome - thanks y’all.
View attachment 102690
Here’s what mine looks like

AD62C52C-A1E8-4C76-B4D1-D72125B6E5D4.jpeg

Not sure if playback will be impacted by a bent anti-skate arm. Maybe contact Pro-Ject and see what they say. Here's some photos of mine, kind of hard to tell. Top of the hook is about 1/4 inch from the lid

Attachments

• PXL_20210616_140121510.jpg
    PXL_20210616_140121510.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 7
  • PXL_20210616_140041760.jpg
    PXL_20210616_140041760.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 7
  • PXL_20210616_140137200.jpg
    PXL_20210616_140137200.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 7
Well, looking at the above pics (plus my own from Instagram 😂), I think I’ve pretty much got it back where it was. The user manual also has a diagram on pg 2 showing measurements in mm on the tonearm base. As best I can tell, I’m very close to where it should be. Still gonna see what Project’s reply is, but I’m not overly concerned anymore.

Depending on the price point that looks like a really nice set of step ups from the standard debut carbon. VTA is a definite plus for those of us that like experimenting with cartridges. Kind of a pity it doesn’t have the acrylic platter as standard, maybe they’ll do an esprit model down the line?

Depending on the price point that looks like a really nice set of step ups from the standard debut carbon. VTA is a definite plus for those of us that like experimenting with cartridges. Kind of a pity it doesn’t have the acrylic platter as standard, maybe they’ll do an esprit model down the line?
I was thinking the same thing about the plater.

I was thinking the same thing about the plater.

£699.99. That’s probably the absolute maximum price point with that tonearm and cartridge. It’s much nicer looking, particularly if it could be got in white, but I’d be very tempted to get the new technics sl100c for just £100 more.

On the platter I suppose it does give a nice opportunity with the adjustable VTA to get a really nice mat like the 5mm funk firm achromat.

Last edited:
Back