The NBA Thread

Yea Millsap is a decent fit but Aldridge would be wild if that goes thru. That could be dangerous
Eh. He didn’t do much last season for them before he left for medical reasons. They are kinda just throwing pieces at the wall right now to try to win a ring. Probably still the favorites but chemistry and continuity are underrated.

Eh. He didn’t do much last season for them before he left for medical reasons. They are kinda just throwing pieces at the wall right now to try to win a ring. Probably still the favorites but chemistry and continuity are underrated.
I think to a degree that is true. But they are so clearly the favorites imo that it probably really only comes down to health. Pretty much was that way this year as I'm not sure they would have had much problem with Bucks if both Harden and Kyrie weren't essentially zeroed from injury

I think to a degree that is true. But they are so clearly the favorites imo that it probably really only comes down to health. Pretty much was that way this year as I'm not sure they would have had much problem with Bucks if both Harden and Kyrie weren't essentially zeroed from injury
Defense is also an issue for them. And all three of their main guys want to be the guy who takes the shot at the end of a game. Maybe Harden is a bit less like that now…but you see guys like Joe Harris just be utterly useless in the playoffs now because they need rhythm shots and there just aren’t any to go around between all those other players.

I was so excited for this Warriors season, prettymuch since the Finals ended.

But now Wiggins has to go and be a dumbass. Stupidity manifested into a person. I can't believe he gets paid 30 million dollars.

If the NBA doesn't immediately put its foot down and put into policy that unvaxed players will not get paid their contract, this shits just going to spiral. Now Bradley Beal's "out and proud" as an anti vax dumbass.

I was so excited for this Warriors season, prettymuch since the Finals ended.

But now Wiggins has to go and be a dumbass. Stupidity manifested into a person. I can't believe he gets paid 30 million dollars.

If the NBA doesn't immediately put its foot down and put into policy that unvaxed players will not get paid their contract, this shits just going to spiral. Now Bradley Beal's "out and proud" as an anti vax dumbass.
can't forget Kyrie and Jonathan Isaac...and whoever else. Kyrie and Wiggins probably are doing the most damage to their teams since they won't be able to play any home games for their teams. It's really disappointing to see some of these guys trusting youtube conspiracy theorists instead of scientists and epidemiologists. The Rolling Stone article about the NBA players who are anti-vax is pretty nuts. Some choice quotes:

Irving, who serves as a vice president on the executive committee of the players’ union, recently started following and liking Instagram posts from a conspiracy theorist who claims that “secret societies” are implanting vaccines in a plot to connect Black people to a master computer for “a plan of Satan.”

“At the end of the day, it’s people,” Isaac says of the scientists developing vaccines, “and you can’t always put your trust completely in people.”

“At the end of the day, it’s people,” Isaac says of the scientists developing vaccines, “and you can’t always put your trust completely in people.”
This is such a funny quote to me. You can tell he thinks this is some amazing revelation when in reality his logic is so short sighted it's comical.

And are any of us surprised at all at Kyrie at this point?

can't forget Kyrie and Jonathan Isaac...and whoever else. Kyrie and Wiggins probably are doing the most damage to their teams since they won't be able to play any home games for their teams. It's really disappointing to see some of these guys trusting youtube conspiracy theorists instead of scientists and epidemiologists. The Rolling Stone article about the NBA players who are anti-vax is pretty nuts. Some choice quotes:

Irving, who serves as a vice president on the executive committee of the players’ union, recently started following and liking Instagram posts from a conspiracy theorist who claims that “secret societies” are implanting vaccines in a plot to connect Black people to a master computer for “a plan of Satan.”

As a Warriors fan I just have an emotional stake in the Wiggins situation; all these cases are just as bad. Bradley Beal too.

After watching Warriors media day im just livid at Wiggins. His initial comments seemed along the lines of "I wouldn't prefer it, but ill absolutely do it if its required", and now it's "I don't know I'd rather fuck over my team and miss home games then get it". Of course other players were asked about it and it was all the usual non-answers, but man did Steph seem pissed. If I were him, an MVP level player in his prime getting ready for his first competitive season in 3 years, and now this shit comes up, I couldn't be that cordial.

There craziest part to me is the level of inhumanity. Many players around the league have lost family to covid. Karl Anthony Towns family was DECIMATED by it, yet his former teammate and fellow all stars wont even get the vaccination. It's absolute insanity.

Last edited:
This is such a funny quote to me. You can tell he thinks this is some amazing revelation when in reality his logic is so short sighted it's comical.

From his very first draft interviews Isaac's been a pseudo minister, and has always shown he'll put his personal beliefs above respect for his teammates. He was the sole nba player to stand for the anthem after the George Floyd Murder.

As for Kyrie he's proven himself a dumbass, but it's starting to become activly harmful to those around him, and especially for those naive kids who will give credence to his words. Reminds me of Kanye in that respect.

Irving was that dude that flirted with being a “Flat Earther” 4 or 5 years ago. So it’s all very on brand.

Given the history within the US I can understand vaccine hesitancy from POC however if you have the ability to talk and ask questions of health experts and Doctors and you are still hesitant you are an arrogant, selfish, asshole.

Irving was that dude that flirted with being a “Flat Earther” 4 or 5 years ago. So it’s all very on brand.
More like he was outed as a flat earther after his guest spot on a conspiracy podcast was linked to r/nba, which he then deflects away from with a series of non committal answers. He did the same thing after posting anti-mask messages, dismissing people as "reading into it" too much before doubling down the second the media looks away.

Also he hasn't been able to play in the playoffs 4 of the last 5 years so what does he even really do thats not activly harmful to society? Fuck him and his 3 months of Duke education.

Not surprised about Kyrie really given his past comments, but the quote was even crazier and more out there than I expected somehow. And when you read about his aunt who is one of his trusted advisors, you can start to see why he thinks this way.

It was nice to read some of the quotes from people like Dame or Harrell or Blake. And reading about KAT and what he’s had to deal with is pretty heart-breaking.

Given the history within the US I can understand vaccine hesitancy from POC however if you have the ability to talk and ask questions of health experts and Doctors and you are still hesitant you are an arrogant, selfish, asshole.
This hits the nail on the head for me. These guys have all the resources in the world to make an informed decision. And they choose to listen to some YouTube and instagram conspiracy theorists.

Didn’t Beal miss the Olympics because of Covid too? He thought he had some big gotcha moment today in his media day appearance when he said “But you can still get COVID” and smirked.

He thought he had some big gotcha moment today in his media day appearance when he said “But you can still get COVID” and smirked.
Yep. Just making himself utterly unlikable in my, and many fans eyes. Displaying stupidity in the most harmful way for all to see. For some reason media today made me more mad at the anti-vax movement than anything yet. Possibly something to do with putting familiar, formely likable faces to the anti-vax name. I was all on board the Wiggins redemption tour last year. Dude played excellent defense and casually put up 20 a game as the second option. For him to do all that work in turning his perception around and then pull this shit is just crazy to me.

Once again, the NBA needs to clamp down on this, and now.

Last edited:
Yep. Just making himself utterly unlikable in my, and many fans eyes. Displaying stupidity in the most harmful way for all to see. For some reason media today made me more mad at the anti-vax movement than anything yet. Possibly something to do with putting familiar, formely likable faces to the anti-fax name. I was all on board Wiggins redemption tour last year. Dude played excellent defense and casually put up 20 a game as the second option. For him to do all that work in turning his perception around and then pull this shit is just crazy to me.
Gotta say I’m proud of the Knicks for all the guys on the team getting vaccinated. I usually look forward to media day but it was a shame to just have a bunch of millionaire athletes that kids look up to spout bullshit about COVID not really being serious and not showing any kind of compassion for their teammates or people who work with them. I thought the NBA was one of the more progressive leagues but I guess when Bron, who is the face of the league, won’t say whether or not he’s vaccinated, it speaks volumes.

Gotta say I’m proud of the Knicks for all the guys on the team getting vaccinated. I usually look forward to media day but it was a shame to just have a bunch of millionaire athletes that kids look up to spout bullshit about COVID not really being serious and not showing any kind of compassion for their teammates or people who work with them. I thought the NBA was one of the more progressive leagues but I guess when Bron, who is the face of the league, won’t say whether or not he’s vaccinated, it speaks volumes.
Lebron as the face of the league is pretty fitting tbh. Sure he'll stand up for Black Social Justice and all the stuff you expect him too, but when it comes to "un-trendy" issues among players like Hong Kong independence and now vax status he's nowhere to be seen.

Back