The NBA Thread

didn't see that coming. and we didn't give up anything for him. so we upgraded elfrid with kemba and reggie with fournier and ran the rest back. not too shabby at all.

i'm more than fine paying kemba 8 mil/season on reportedly more than 1 year.
Yes - now I am on board with this Knicks off-season. Kemba doesn’t make them a title contender or anything, but he’s more of a clear upgrade for the team than Fournier IMO.

Injury-prone and undersized, yes, but serviceable.
undersized hasn't stopped Kemba his whole career. and we're paying him $8mil/year. he averaged 19/5/4 last season. the health is definitely a factor but i think calling Kemba "serviceable" is really underselling it. Plus we've seen him play at the garden.

I agree we're not a contender but we're improved over last year and Fournier + Kemba definitely help to address some of our main flaws last postseason.

I know you have.

this is the picture that makes me feel really old:
E79mfnAXoAQODLC

24 hours ago it was really looking like D. Rose might be starting at point so…
Berman of the Post (who is the worrrrrrst) said the Knicks called Payton at the start of FA too which had lots of Knicks fans worried hah. Kemba kinda came out of nowhere. I thought it was down to Schroeder or Reggie Jackson at this point. I'm guessing that Kemba signed a 1+1 player option at 8 mil per but haven't seen actual numbers yet.

I thought it was down to Schroeder or Reggie Jackson at this point.
Speaking of...

What suitors are left for Dennis Schröder? I was immediately thinking the Knicks prior to Kemba Walker signing there, but I'm out of ideas. Maybe SAS, but he doesn't really fit the timeline.

Speaking of...

What suitors are left for Dennis Schröder? I was immediately thinking the Knicks prior to Kemba Walker signing there, but I'm out of ideas. Maybe SAS, but he doesn't really fit the timeline.
SAS (doesn't seem like a fit there), Boston? I can't keep track of where else might need help at point and still has cap space. But the guy definitely Nerlens-ed himself.

Speaking of...

Forgot that Dinwiddie to Washington isn't done for some reason, so there's even more competition for whatever leftover PG spots there are. Lakers could still theoretically S&T Dennis. But man...he's gonna lose out on about $60 million at this point.

Speaking of...

Forgot that Dinwiddie to Washington isn't done for some reason, so there's even more competition for whatever leftover PG spots there are. Lakers could still theoretically S&T Dennis. But man...he's gonna lose out on about $60 million at this point.
The Warriors could use a backup point guard, if he'll accept the MLE. Only question is fit in the locker room.

The Warriors could use a backup point guard, if he'll accept the MLE. Only question is fit in the locker room.
And thats always been the question with Dennis. He wants to start and is extremely cocky. I wouldn't want to sign him to a one year deal because he's not going to play team-oriented basketball. He only seems to look out for himself especially in a contract year.

Fournier, Rose, Noel and Burks contracts are all straight up team options in their final years. And Kemba is 2 years 8 mil per (assuming it's player option in year 2). Leon Rose deserves a raise. Still don't understand how he keeps getting players to sign deals with team options...so strange to have a FO that does stuff like this for once.

Fournier, Rose, Noel and Burks contracts are all straight up team options in their final years. And Kemba is 2 years 8 mil per (assuming it's player option in year 2). Leon Rose deserves a raise. Still don't understand how he keeps getting players to sign deals with team options...so strange to have a FO that does stuff like this for once.
The Knicks having a solid offseason feels so strange.

The Knicks having a solid offseason feels so strange.
You're telling me. I've been a Knicks fan since the 90s when I was growing up in NY. Leon Rose has been great for us so far. It's just weird for Knick fans to say stuff like "I trust in this FO to make the right moves" when we have dreaded nearly every offseason for the past 20 seasons knowing we'd walk away from it disappointed.

this is the picture that makes me feel really old:
E79mfnAXoAQODLC
My hometown is home to the oldest high school holiday tournament in the country a tournament that Simeon has basically owned over the past 20 or so years. Those Rose led Simeon teams were so good, you knew he was gonna be a star.

Back