The NBA Thread

FWIW as a long time Magic Fan I used to love Fournier. He was great 2015-2018s ankle injury. Had some moments in 2019 but nothing special other than almost playing an entire season with no missed games (something he struggles with)

2019-2020 and last year tho he was beyond underwhelming. Maybe it was the Magic/ownership but it seemed like he stopped caring about the game and turned into an injury prone guy who loves to complain. 35 minutes per game he averaged around 12.5 points. 3.5 rebounds and 2 assists per game in each of the 5 game playoffs series with the magic in b2b seasons too. Nothing too special for a "scorer"

FWIW as a long time Magic Fan I used to love Fournier. He was great 2015-2018s ankle injury. Had some moments in 2019 but nothing special other than almost playing an entire season with no missed games (something he struggles with)

2019-2020 and last year tho he was beyond underwhelming. Maybe it was the Magic/ownership but it seemed like he stopped caring about the game and turned into an injury prone guy who loves to complain. 35 minutes per game he averaged around 12.5 points. 3.5 rebounds and 2 assists per game in each of the 5 game playoffs series with the magic in b2b seasons too. Nothing too special for a "scorer"
I think a change of scenery will do him good. I don't doubt that you're right about him stopping caring about the game while there. A lot of players seem to. Most players who left Orlando in the past few years have played better in new situations. I don't think I would necessarily call him a "scorer". But he can shoot.

He's been solid in the Olympics and was pretty good in Boston (shot 46% on decent volume there in limited sample). For the asking price plus team option in that last year, I'm hoping the contract works out. He certainly fills a need for us--another player who can shoot and create a little off the dribble. Reggie literally could not dribble and was good for us haha.

The Warriors have been pretty quiet so far, my hope is Patty Mills at the MLE for our backup point guard.
maybe they try to squeeze a S&T out of oubre? i thought they would have gotten Bazemore instead of the Lakers. I guess people wanna know if Klay is healthy before considering the warriors a contender?

The real question is where is DeRozan going? Is his value really this low??

maybe they try to squeeze a S&T out of oubre? i thought they would have gotten Bazemore instead of the Lakers. I guess people wanna know if Klay is healthy before considering the warriors a contender?

The real question is where is DeRozan going? Is his value really this low??
Bay Area folks are hoping for a sign and trade of Oubre for Ingles. I like that idea but don't think that's happening. A lot of people upset that Bazemore turned down a 2 year deal with the Warriors to sign a 1 year deal with the Lakers - these same people were the worst towards Bazemore last year whenever he had a bad game!

I wonder if Miami somehow gets DeRozan to pair back up with Lowery? No idea on their money situation though I know they've spent a lot already!

Bay Area folks are hoping for a sign and trade of Oubre for Ingles. I like that idea but don't think that's happening. A lot of people upset that Bazemore turned down a 2 year deal with the Warriors to sign a 1 year deal with the Lakers - these same people were the worst towards Bazemore last year whenever he had a bad game!

I wonder if Miami somehow gets DeRozan to pair back up with Lowery? No idea on their money situation though I know they've spent a lot already!
I'd be shocked at a Oubre for Ingles trade.

DD would have to take a massive paycut I think to go to Miami. The sign and trade to Chicago would be interesting for the Spurs. A Lonzo/Lavine/Coby/DD/Vuc lineup would be pretty fun to watch although they would get cooked on defense. I'm just excited for some Lonzo/Lavine oops this year.

Ok so I checked out of NBA/basketball for a few years as I got bored with it. Got real heavy into again this postseason which was great IMO.

But holy hell are my Bulls making moves and making it a great time to be jumping back in! LaVine, Ball, DeRozan, Williams, Vuc is a pretty solid group imo.

Amazing what getting competent front office can do. Still have Lauri and Coby on roster too! (Though Lauri likely gone in A&T and Coby may have to be moved too but that's just more assets)

Ok so I checked out of NBA/basketball for a few years as I got bored with it. Got real heavy into again this postseason which was great IMO.

But holy hell are my Bulls making moves and making it a great time to be jumping back in! LaVine, Ball, DeRozan, Williams, Vuc is a pretty solid group imo.

Amazing what getting competent front office can do. Still have Lauri and Coby on roster too! (Though Lauri likely gone in A&T and Coby may have to be moved too but that's just more assets)
we'll see if it works defensively but offensively they are pretty deep.

Fournier was an asset as a $10M expiring, not necessarily at $17/per for a multi year deal. They gave Rose $14M per through his age 35 season! $10M+ per for a backup center who can’t score! These are not good deals, especially if the best you can say about them is that they won’t be completely crippling if the Knicks (the frigging Knicks!) can be creative & flexible in the future.

You seem to be saying that these deals are not necessarily going to doom the franchise, which I agree with. But for a team with a good foundation, a stash of draft picks and more cap space than anyone else in the league, I think this approach calls into question whether the people running the team have a viable strategy for how to get to the next level.
Interestingly Begley just revealed that NONE of the contracts the knicks signed yesterday are fully guaranteed in their last year. It's gonna be interesting to see what all the actual numbers are for a lot of deals yesterday across all teams. Shams had numbers wrong and others reported included unlikely incentives.

Interestingly Begley just revealed that NONE of the contracts the knicks signed yesterday are fully guaranteed in their last year. It's gonna be interesting to see what all the actual numbers are for a lot of deals yesterday across all teams. Shams had numbers wrong and others reported included unlikely incentives.
This happened two years ago, when the Knicks similarly splurged all their cap space in about 15 minutes after missing out on KD and Kyrie, and we all freaked out before finding out that none of them (other than Randle) were guaranteed past a year.

Yeah, fellow Bulls fan and I am happy they will actually be competitive this season. I doubt they will be better than the elite teams in the East but I could see them becoming this years Knicks.

Yeah, fellow Bulls fan and I am happy they will actually be competitive this season. I doubt they will be better than the elite teams in the East but I could see them becoming this years Knicks.
Cracking the top 5 in the east is going to be tough. But this team has 0 excuse not going to the playoffs which will be exciting to finally get some postseason action again

The knicks overachieved because of their defense this year. I’m not sure if the bulls will be able to guard anybody this season but they will be fun to watch on offense!

The knicks overachieved because of their defense this year. I’m not sure if the bulls will be able to guard anybody this season but they will be fun to watch on offense!
Alex Caruso, Alonzo Ball are both plus on-the-ball defenders and Vucevic is a top 10 defensive center. It will be interesting to see how they fill out the remainder of the roster but the Bulls have a very solid base. We’ll see what happens.

Alex Caruso, Alonzo Ball are both plus on-the-ball defenders and Vucevic is a top 10 defensive center. It will be interesting to see how they fill out the remainder of the roster but the Bulls have a very solid base. We’ll see what happens.
Don't know that I'd call Vuc a top 10 defensive center. But you're right that Lonzo and Caruso are both solid. DD is beyond awful though and not sure he can be hidden easily. they'll be interesting to watch for sure. Lonzo/Lavine/Caruso will be really fun on the fast break.

Back