The NBA Thread

Top 3 teams I’d be most excited about winning the NBA title this year:

1. Suns (CP3 gets his ring)
2. Bucks (Giannis validates his MVPs)
3. Nuggets (won’t happen without Murray though)

I am assuming Blazers and Mavs have no chance, otherwise they’d be next on the list. Then probably Heat (also zero chance) and Jazz (who can actually win it all). Probably Lakers and Clippers next, so Lebron and Kawhi can add to their legacies. Nets are dead last in my ranking, which probably means they will win it all.

That’s way too hot of a take! A healthy Nuggets were probably my pick to win the title (after the Gordon trade).
I just dont know if top notch center play can beat top notch guard play in today's NBA(as someone rooting for Joel Embiid to lift that trophy i hope im wrong). I like Murray a lot, but unless he would have been in bubble mode like last year he's not on the same level as Portlands guards. I think it would have been a long fought series that could go either way, but would probably pick Portland still.

Top 3 teams I’d be most excited about winning the NBA title this year:

1. Suns (CP3 gets his ring)
2. Bucks (Giannis validates his MVPs)
3. Nuggets (won’t happen without Murray though)

I am assuming Blazers and Mavs have no chance, otherwise they’d be next on the list. Then probably Heat (also zero chance) and Jazz (who can actually win it all). Probably Lakers and Clippers next, so Lebron and Kawhi can add to their legacies. Nets are dead last in my ranking, which probably means they will win it all.
The only teams I could stomach watching win are all Western Conference teams without a shot and The Suns. I guess I wouldnt hate watching Giannis win, but that most likely means they beat the Sixers which would make it a little harder to stomach.

Can't stand BK, Utah, Boston, Miami, LAx2

Id still pick Portland if both teams were healthy. Jokic is great but I just dont believe a point center will win playoff basketball at a consistent enough level.

Lol what a biased, wild take. Last I checked, we've gotten father in the playoffs than your team. Never close to healthy in the playoffs and in the far superior conference.

And Jokic has been unstoppable in basically all those series. Something like 25/12/9 on elite effeciency. Pick and popped Gobert to death, dismantled the Clippers in the post and was the best player in that series. Jokic also has the most game winners in the NBA over the past 3 years. He and Murray are both near the top of the league in clutch FG% in that span-- right alongside Dame because they two man game in lethal.

As to Murray-- he spent all offseason rehabbing his hammy, came into camp out of shape and the played through shoulder and elbow injuries all January. Of note, his FT % (usally among the league's best) was at 75% at the beginning of Feb.

After Feb 1st? He put up 23/5/5 on 50/44/90-- a two+ month sample. So same splits as "bubble" Murray but on lower usage because MPJ was becoming a legit star too.

Like it's wild how consistently people disrespect the talent of Jokic / Murray / MPJ. Rember that whole convo last fall when I got mad push back in regards to Porter's ceiling?

Dude still has a LONG way to go with his handle but just had the highest EFG% of ANY player to average 19+ PPG since Wilt fucking Chamberlin. Shot 62/47 from the field over his final 38 games (once moved to PF basically).

It's almost as if ESPN's asisnine coverage of small markets has a ripple effect. Especially on East Coast fans that rarely watch the Nuggets play.

And as mentioned- both Barton AND our best perimeter defender in PJ Dozier are also hurt. So it's not just Jamal we are missing.

Last edited:
The only teams I could stomach watching win are all Western Conference teams without a shot and The Suns. I guess I wouldnt hate watching Giannis win, but that most likely means they beat the Sixers which would make it a little harder to stomach.

Can't stand BK, Utah, Boston, Miami, LAx2

Confession time: Utah was my NBA Jam team

Confession time: Utah was my NBA Jam team
Stockton & Malone we’re quite a twosome. I always enjoyed playing as some of the bad teams. The Heat with Rony Seikaly and Glen Rice or the Kings with Spud Webb and Wayman Tisdale. Though, if I was playing for the win the Suns we’re my team.

Fuck dude…

He's such a douche. I can't stand AD. Couldn't thrive as a #1 option in New Orleans, clowns the fanbase on his way out (and demands his way to the Lakers) and then has one good post-season run and people are calling him the best big in the game. He's a dominant defender and arguably the best #2 since Pippen.

But he would fall flat on his face if asked to be a #1 option ala Jokic, Embid or that dude from Dallas who deserves ALL the praise.

Oh and for the hater in the room:

Oh and for the hater in the room:
I love how I called the guy the MVP and you're all upset. I've said all positive things about your team except that Portland would give them a hard series. The only negative point I've made is I dont know if Elite Center play can beat Elite Wing play in the playoffs in today's NBA, a point that is just as negative towards my team as it is yours. I typed a long response to your other rude ass post but deleted it because it is just not worth it. Its possible to talk sports with out all the jabs and assumptions, but you don't want to do that, so this will probably be the last time I respond to you. Enjoy the playoffs.

Last edited:
Can't express how happy it makes me that the facist Heat were bubble frauds
Yikes. I’m not a Heat fan in general (rooted hard against them during the entire Lebron stint, and even earlier during the Shaq/Wade years) but that was a legit Finals run last year. That team was already coming together nicely toward the end of the season, and Butler is (was?) a legit #1 option. They lost some key pieces this season (most notably Crowder, less notably Olynyk), had tons of health issues (much like their Lakers), and made moves that didn’t pan out (Oladipo). Most importantly, the Bucks are much improved this year (everyone knows Jrue is a much better option than Bledsoe). Credit to them.

Yikes. I’m not a Heat fan in general (rooted hard against them during the entire Lebron stint, and even earlier during the Shaq/Wade years) but that was a legit Finals run last year. That team was already coming together nicely toward the end of the season, and Butler is (was?) a legit #1 option. They lost some key pieces this season (most notably Crowder, less notably Olynyk), had tons of health issues (much like their Lakers), and made moves that didn’t pan out (Oladipo). Most importantly, the Bucks are much improved this year (everyone knows Jrue is a much better option than Bledsoe). Credit to them.
Idk...I'd say the whole bubble wasn't legit. Most the players didn't want to be there. Playing in an empty arena while a pandemic, and all sorts of civil unrest happening all across the country.

I think it's more like Bam playing like Draymond that year he hit 3s and getting three actually good rotation players out of rookies was unsustainable

Damn, Divincenzo is out for the rest of the playoffs. Curious to see how they change the lineup. They'll probably start Forbes the way he's shooting. Or Pat. Or slide Middleton to the #2, and throw Portis or PJ tucker in there! Either way, I'm already going to look forward to how good the Nets series will be. Donte will be more missed for his defense and boards for it.

Back