The NBA Thread

Damn, Divincenzo is out for the rest of the playoffs. Curious to see how they change the lineup. They'll probably start Forbes the way he's shooting. Or Pat. Or slide Middleton to the #2, and throw Portis or PJ tucker in there! Either way, I'm already going to look forward to how good the Nets series will be. Donte will be more missed for his defense and boards for it.
Now watch Bud throw Teague into the rotation

Yeah, Bud loves his veterans. Teague will definitely see the floor.
I think that'll be fine for the rest of the Heat series along with like you said starting Forbes, but I think any chance against the Nets will have to tighten up to a mostly 8 man rotation. Forbes will get targeted so idk maybe I'd first try to start Portis and play him 25 mins a night and go a little bigger but still have some spacing. Defensive matchups are gonna be tough no matter what.

So it ends. It feels like a knife in my chest to lose a playoff elimination game at home to a division rival. Broken. Lot of questions/decisions to be made in the offseason. 😞

I know I made a comment earlier in this thread regarding how I would make some analysis/observations on the current playoff series, but I'll save it for the Conference Finals + NBA Finals. However, I'll provide a few thoughts within the next 24hrs for the POR/DEN series. Will be watching the condensed game tonight.

EDIT: Word change and an added sentence.

Last edited:
So it ends. It feels like a knife in my chest to lose a playoff elimination game at home to a division rival. Broken. Lot of questions/decisions to be made in the offseason. 😞

I know I made a comment earlier in this thread a out how I would make some analysis/observations on the current playoff series, but I'll save it for the Conference Finals. However, I'll provide a some thoughts within the next 24hrs for the POR/DEN series.
Sorry man. I am always rooting for Portland when I'm not rooting for PHX.

I know I made a comment earlier in this thread regarding how I would make some analysis/observations on the current playoff series, but I'll save it for the Conference Finals + NBA Finals. However, I'll provide a some thoughts within the next 24hrs for the POR/DEN series. Will be watching the condensed game tonight.

Dame did all he could, man. Jokic is a magician though, and MPJ is a capable second wheel.

Now let’s wave goodbye to Lakers and Clippers, and hope the Bucks vanquish the Nets (unlikely, I know).

Dame did all he could, man. Jokic is a magician though, and MPJ is a capable second wheel.

Now let’s wave goodbye to Lakers and Clippers, and hope the Bucks vanquish the Nets (unlikely, I know).
Very likely! Bucks match up good against them. Nets don't play defense..Giannis will feast like he did in the regular season vs them..as will Lopez. That leaves the hope of shooting as well as in the Heat series, and then we will have more than enough offense to keep up with their big 3....plenty of lockdown defenders on the Bucks too to at least slow them down a little...Bucks in 6.

Very likely! Bucks match up good against them. Nets don't play defense..Giannis will feast like he did in the regular season vs them..as will Lopez. That leaves the hope of shooting as well as in the Heat series, and then we will have more than enough offense to keep up with their big 3....plenty of lockdown defenders on the Bucks too to at least slow them down a little...Bucks in 6.
I hope you’re right. I guess what I really feel is that the Bucks are the only team that can possibly beat a healthy Nets. If the Nets win that series, then the title is basically a wrap.

I know I made a comment earlier in this thread regarding how I would make some analysis/observations on the current playoff series, but I'll save it for the Conference Finals + NBA Finals. However, I'll provide a some thoughts within the next 24hrs for the POR/DEN series. Will be watching the condensed game tonight.

Sorry homie. Hope you guys can find a way to keep Powell to replace CJ and then flip CJ for a player that fits better.

I'd also like to say to the group...

I apologize if my snark in several of my earlier posts rubbed some people the wrong way. I was very much being tongue in cheek with the "to the hater in the room" comment. And I thought I had edited "biased, shit take" into "biased, wild take" before anyone saw it after catching myself... But I am guessing not based off Woobs comment.

I deeply appreciate his contributions to the community and apologize if I overstepped a line.

The lack of respect for Jokic from the national media (and in turn, other fans) has been a sore spot among Nuggets fans for years. First it was-- Portz is better, than KAT is better, than Embid is better. And the fact that Jokic will win the MVP pretty easily is gonna mask the amount of resentment and resistance he faced in getting there (Bill Simmons and Rusillo actually discuss it on their recent pod and Woz has discussed it too. Hell, Windy got called a jackass on his own pod because he was so annoyed at the idea of Jokic winning MVP).

Anyways, I thought I was just talking some shit barstool style while also providing a solid amount of substance. I'll also admit that the brevity of the "I don't need my center to pass" also rubbed me the wrong way and probably lent to the snideness of my response. So again, sorry if I crossed a line.

I'm looking forward to round 2 and will be rooting hard for the Bucks. Fuck the LA and NY teams.

Last edited:
Back