The NBA Thread

Totally agree with you about Embiid, he gets tons of calls (and gets away with traveling a lot). And yes, there are lots of big babies. My point about Mitchell is that you already got T'ed up once in OT, now shut up and play, your team needs you on the court in a close game. I don't know exactly what he said to get tossed, and maybe he didn't deserve it., but it must have been pretty bad to get a second T. What is the ref supposed to do, nothing? Maybe the rules should be different for arguing as opposed to fighting. Like if you argue, it's still a T, the other team gets a FT and it counts as a personal like in college, but you don't get tossed for 2 of those (unless it's your sixth personal).
i think a lot of guys get caught up in the moment and emotion. i can see how frustrating it can be and sometimes players just get fed up and blow off some steam. i think refs need thicker skin...they have ejected some people for some really soft Ts this year it seems. maybe refs should just be mandated to wear noise-cancelling headphones or something during games 😂 😂

Gutted for Jamal. For his family. For Jokic.

And for Nuggets fans. And I know that sounds self centered... but this is a fanbase that has waited for decades to watch a true contender. And the last time we looked to be on that trajectory Gallo tore his ACL (on a play that was very similiar). He was never the same and Iggy bailed.

Nugglyfe is a motto so ingrained in the fanbase that we've all struggled to believe the fortune of rooting for this wonderful team of likeable human beings.

And I think for the die hards, this team has been a constant source of light during the pandemic. Which has upped the emotional investment in both the team and the fanbase's online hubs.

And now I can see all of us connecting the dots on the ripple effects that may or may not be there. Que the national media bringing up Jokic and the Mavs again in 3, 2, 1...

And for Nuggets fans. And I know that sounds self centered... but this is a fanbase that has waited for decades to watch a true contender. And the last time we looked to be on that trajectory Gallo tore his ACL (on a play that was very similiar). He was never the same and Iggy bailed.

Nugglyfe is a motto so ingrained in the fanbase that we've all struggled to believe the fortune of rooting for this wonderful team of likeable human beings.

And I think for the die hards, this team has been a constant source of light during the pandemic. Which has upped the emotional investment in both the team and the fanbase's online hubs.

And now I can see all of us connecting the dots on the ripple effects that may or may not be there. Que the national media bringing up Jokic and the Mavs again in 3, 2, 1...
I'm a huge Warriors fan and was watching the game Monday night from the jump...the way the Nuggets were playing in the first quarter I was thinking man, this team is going to be a tough out. Aaron Gordon just fits so well for that team. And watching Jamal go down in the fourth, I just felt awful (I have had three knee surgeries including two ACL tears and just knew it was bad when he went down untouched) I'm hoping for a full recovery for Jamal!

That injury is so depressing. I was hoping to see what the Nuggets were going to do these playoffs (I’m a Pistons fan, so I have to seek excitement by watching other teams!).

That injury is so depressing. I was hoping to see what the Nuggets were going to do these playoffs (I’m a Pistons fan, so I have to seek excitement by watching other teams!).

Chauncy is tied with Murray as my 3rd fav player of all-time. #1 is Nash. #2 Jokic.

(Others high up there include Penny, Dame and Dirk).

It's also possible that all three of my least favorite players of all-time play on the Nets... which is ironic since Nash is the coach.

Last edited:
I don’t know, it felt more like scheduling than fantasy for some reason and maybe because it was roto instead of head to head, I didn’t feel as I was competing against anyone. Then my Fantasy baseball league started and my focus completely went there. Sorry, I am lame. Take my $20 donation and buy some records or a nice bath mat for the new house.

I don’t know, it felt more like scheduling than fantasy for some reason and maybe because it was roto instead of head to head, I didn’t feel as I was competing against anyone. Then my Fantasy baseball league started and my focus completely went there. Sorry, I am lame. Take my $20 donation and buy some records or a nice bath mat for the new house.
Yea the one problem with ROTO is if someone takes a commanding lead early it can be hard to take over categories especially with the crazy covid situations. i have had some of my best players miss 6 to 8 games straight multiple times this year. H2H keeps people engaged week to week

Yea the one problem with ROTO is if someone takes a commanding lead early it can be hard to take over categories especially with the crazy covid situations. i have had some of my best players miss 6 to 8 games straight multiple times this year. H2H keeps people engaged week to week
Plus in most H2H leagues there is a playoff so even if you you’re if you are near the bottom of the standings you might be able to crawl back into playoff contention. It’s all good though. Ya live and ya learn. Roto ain’t my thing.

Back