The NBA Thread

I just think that Thibs is doing more with less. The Knicks were widely expected to be one of the worst teams in the NBA this season. And right now they are in 4th place with 12 games left. Monty is a hell of a coach. But he has one of the best PGs of all time and Thibs has Elfrid Payton. I won’t entirely be mad if Monty wins it but I think the narrative of leading the Knicks back to the playoffs (if all holds up) after almost 10 years in his first season as coach is impressive as hell.
Yeah but Thibs is going to jail for this

Screenshot_20210422-091440.png

View attachment 96491
I think this will likely hurt us in the playoffs (assuming we make it) but it's been really impressive how RJ and Julius have rarely seemed fatigued this season. In true Thibs tradition, our guys are all playing heavy minutes but 2nd half RJ is a thing for real and the team is really hitting its stride lately.

Sidenote: shout out to Drew Hanlen for fixing RJ's shot. He's shooting almost 39% from 3 this season (and that includes his absolutely awful stretch where he missed something like 25 straight 3s). He's shooting 47% or so his last 48 games from 3.

View attachment 96491
That’s how Thib’s rolls. As a Bulls fan as long as these guys buy in to his coaching they will be good, once they start getting hurt or think it’s bullshit that they are still in the game when they are up 20 in the 4th with 3 minutes to play AGAIN. Then things will head south pretty rapidly.

That’s how Thib’s rolls. As a Bulls fan as long as these guys buy in to his coaching they will be good, once they start getting hurt or think it’s bullshit that they are still in the game when they are up 20 in the 4th with 3 minutes to play AGAIN. Then things will head south pretty rapidly.
Still, the healthy D Rose/Thibs coached Bulls was the best Bulls era as a fan since Jordan. Obviously it a disappointing that they couldn’t get over the hump but still way more enjoyable than than either of the Jim Boylen/Jim Boylan eras.

Still, the healthy D Rose/Thibs coached Bulls was the best Bulls era as a fan since Jordan. Obviously it a disappointing that they couldn’t get over the hump but still way more enjoyable than than either of the Jim Boylen/Jim Boylan eras.
The sixers 2012 playoff series win is completely legitimate I don't know what you're talking about

She said the top 5 most important Lakers were Kobe Kareem Lebron Phil Jackson and Magic Johnson so all the fans are tearing her apart. Mostly for including Lebron over Shaq or Jerry West
Oh boy. She’s crazy. I was mostly talking about the Botox and filler work she’s had done, but I can see that some of that has started to LEAK INTO HER BRAIN with her recent comments. 😁

She said the top 5 most important Lakers were Kobe Kareem Lebron Phil Jackson and Magic Johnson so all the fans are tearing her apart. Mostly for including Lebron over Shaq or Jerry West
If she was talking strictly “best players” then that’s not a crazy list (minus Phil Jackson of course). But Lebron has a lot more work to do before he can crack a “most important Lakers” top 5.

If we really wanted to get spicy, I could say that Kobe was never the best player on a championship team

*I personally believe this to be true for the Shaq years but not for the rest. They're closer than you think though.

If we really wanted to get spicy, I could say that Kobe was never the best player on a championship team

*I personally believe this to be true for the Shaq years but not for the rest. They're closer than you think though.

I love the chapter in Shea Serrano’s basketball book where he discusses all the seasons when Kobe was the best player in the league (knowing he’s a Spurs fan, it’s probably not a spoiler to reveal that his answer is “none”).

Well it looks like it may actually be a tight finish in the NG fantasy league! Lotta players left from a few of the top 5 (not me or @scotthilk tho LOL)
I'm currently 4th with about 50 games left. So you won't catch me 😝 and I'll hopefully catch @scotthilk 😤 but I don't see any path for me to catch up to the top spot.

I love the chapter in Shea Serrano’s basketball book where he discusses all the seasons when Kobe was the best player in the league (knowing he’s a Spurs fan, it’s probably not a spoiler to reveal that his answer is “none”).
But more importantly Was Kobe Bryant a Dork?

Also, I think Shea did a good job in BaOT with addressing the sexual assault, which I think more journalists should be able to do before discussing him, but that's a conversation for another time.

Back