The NBA Thread

I mean is Brooklyn that bad with just KD? Seems like they have depth
They are playing us and our offense is awful. We are missing half of our players including Burks who was scoring 20ppg.

they don’t have great depth against most other teams. It’s why they are only one (soon to be 2) wins better than the Knicks. It’s more their defense has been awful from what I’ve seen in other games

Finals preview tonight
View attachment 85587
New Picture GIF dancing sixers philadelphia 76ers joel embiid... | Gif  dance, Philadelphia 76ers, Gif

i didn't realize the knicks rebranded!
Joel Embiid rookie recap: A GIF for each of his 31 games (and then some) |  PhillyVoice

NBA Fantasy nerds - FYI - we are 25% through the season.

Remember, you max out at 648 games.

Do the math and make sure you don't leave games on the table (or, go over too quick, unless you want to!)

In one of my lives I'm a professional sports photographer; at this point local NBA is all I'm shooting. Here's a link to an article with my photos from the Celtics/Jazz game last Tuesday:

The Jazz are allowing a limited number of fans to attend games, but with a few exceptions, media is limited to the top of the lower bowl, so that's where all but the NBA photographers have to work from. It makes for an interesting perspective, certainly very different from sitting on the floor behind the baseline!

Definitely a fun time to be following the Jazz! :D

In one of my lives I'm a professional sports photographer; at this point local NBA is all I'm shooting. Here's a link to an article with my photos from the Celtics/Jazz game last Tuesday:

The Jazz are allowing a limited number of fans to attend games, but with a few exceptions, media is limited to the top of the lower bowl, so that's where all but the NBA photographers have to work from. It makes for an interesting perspective, certainly very different from sitting on the floor behind the baseline!

Definitely a fun time to be following the Jazz! :D
Awesome!!!

Still so weird they just never gave the name back to NOLA.

also weird that apparently players hate Mitchell and Rudy Gobert...surprised they got picked last in the all star draft.
Mitchell seems like a big baby. Granted, that is based on a very limited sample size of watching him get himself tossed in OT against the Sixers, but still, that's a bush league move. And Gobert had the whole covid-denial touching the microphones thing, which again., just dumb.

Mitchell seems like a big baby. Granted, that is based on a very limited sample size of watching him get himself tossed in OT against the Sixers, but still, that's a bush league move. And Gobert had the whole covid-denial touching the microphones thing, which again., just dumb.
Mitchell also had the whole "I should win ROY...not because I'm having the better season, but bc Simmons is not a rookie...."

If you watch the NBA, then you know that just about everybody in the NBA is a big baby now. Everyone complains about the refs. Look at Bron any time he gets "fouled". And players are "selling contact" worse than ever. Embiid looked like he got hit by a sniper when Gobert barely touched him with the elbow in the back. I'm constantly amazed at how a guy who weighs 280lbs gets pushed around so easily when it's convenient (Jojo is hardly the only big guy to do this so I'm not just picking on him). I understand that for big guys, they don't get foul calls sometimes when there is contact but its so frustrating to watch as a fan of the game when players just exaggerate so much to get a foul called. You start to get players who play just to hunt for fouls. It's why I dislike watching Harden and Trae too.

And the reffing has been god awful this season. The Booker and Mitchell ejections were jokes. Maybe everybody just needs to do what Draymond does and scream at the refs all the time so they get used to it and don't T them up and eject them for something stupid...

And the ROTY thing is dumb too I think. Mitchell had a very solid rookie year and would have won if Simmons wasn't in the running. I get that Simmons was technically a rookie (and he had a great season) but he definitely had a big advantage of being with an NBA team for over a year between practicing, having their facilities and coaching staff to prep. I always saw the rookie thing as more of a PR move between Simmons and Mitchell. They both milked it.

I do understand Gobert getting picked last for an All Star game. Defense doesn't matter as much and players want flashy players in the ASG.

Team Lebron's starting 5 is just completely unfair. What a stacked lineup. Quinn Snyder is gonna make LeBron play 40 minutes after his comment about the Jazz not being cool haha

If you watch the NBA, then you know that just about everybody in the NBA is a big baby now. Everyone complains about the refs. Look at Bron any time he gets "fouled". And players are "selling contact" worse than ever. Embiid looked like he got hit by a sniper when Gobert barely touched him with the elbow in the back. I'm constantly amazed at how a guy who weighs 280lbs gets pushed around so easily when it's convenient (Jojo is hardly the only big guy to do this so I'm not just picking on him). I understand that for big guys, they don't get foul calls sometimes when there is contact but its so frustrating to watch as a fan of the game when players just exaggerate so much to get a foul called. You start to get players who play just to hunt for fouls. It's why I dislike watching Harden and Trae too.

And the reffing has been god awful this season. The Booker and Mitchell ejections were jokes. Maybe everybody just needs to do what Draymond does and scream at the refs all the time so they get used to it and don't T them up and eject them for something stupid...

And the ROTY thing is dumb too I think. Mitchell had a very solid rookie year and would have won if Simmons wasn't in the running. I get that Simmons was technically a rookie (and he had a great season) but he definitely had a big advantage of being with an NBA team for over a year between practicing, having their facilities and coaching staff to prep. I always saw the rookie thing as more of a PR move between Simmons and Mitchell. They both milked it.

I do understand Gobert getting picked last for an All Star game. Defense doesn't matter as much and players want flashy players in the ASG.

Team Lebron's starting 5 is just completely unfair. What a stacked lineup. Quinn Snyder is gonna make LeBron play 40 minutes after his comment about the Jazz not being cool haha
Totally agree with you about Embiid, he gets tons of calls (and gets away with traveling a lot). And yes, there are lots of big babies. My point about Mitchell is that you already got T'ed up once in OT, now shut up and play, your team needs you on the court in a close game. I don't know exactly what he said to get tossed, and maybe he didn't deserve it., but it must have been pretty bad to get a second T. What is the ref supposed to do, nothing? Maybe the rules should be different for arguing as opposed to fighting. Like if you argue, it's still a T, the other team gets a FT and it counts as a personal like in college, but you don't get tossed for 2 of those (unless it's your sixth personal).

Back